2 explosions rock city in northern Lebanon
Lebanon's official news agency says at least 12 people have been killed by twin explosions outside two Sunni mosques in a northern city.
The National News Agency said another 25 were wounded in the Friday blasts.
The explosions in Tripoli come amid rising tensions in Lebanon resulting from Syria's civil war, which has sharply polarized the country along sectarian lines and between supporters and opponents of the regime of President Bashar Assad. Tripoli has previously seen clashes between Sunnis and Alawites, a Shia offshoot sect to which Assad belongs.
Local media showed a column of thick, gray smoke rising over the city.
- Boston Marathon under tight security 1 year after bombing
- South Korea ferry: 4 crew members detained
- Queen Elizabeth turns 88: A royal diplomat in her 'best decade' yet
- Teen runaway survives flight in plane's wheel well
- What's open and closed across Canada on Easter Monday
- Calgary stabbings: Zackariah Rathwell's family breaks silence
- Ukraine crisis: Joe Biden visiting Ukraine day after violence
- No sign of missing $26K scotch a year after LCBO theft
- Binge-watching: the downside of marathon TV sessions
- Winnipeg's frozen pipes woes drag on into spring
Ukraine has said it will launch an investigation into a fatal attack in the east of the country, which has further increased tensions between Kiev and ... More Ukraine has said it will launch an investigation into a fatal attack in the east of the country, which has further increased tensions between Kiev and Moscow.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 1:34, Views 23
Date 21 hrs ago 1:56
Tooltip Information:Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dead at 76Video by:Description: Former professional boxer and long-time advocate for the wrongly convicted died Sunday in TorontoRating: 3.69Views: 19330
Date 14-04-16 0:50
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: What happenedVideo by:Description: Early Tuesday morning five people were stabbed to death at a house party hosted by university students. Here's what we know so far about what happenedRating: 3.1Views: 10044