2014 Emmys: Breaking Bad, True Detective among best drama nominees
Ryan Lee Carroll, arrested Dec. 31, 2013, on drug charges for distributing synthetic marijuana, won a raffle draw to watch the final episode of AMC's hit show Breaking Bad with the cast. Frank Ockenfels/AMC/Associated Press
Breaking Bad, True Detective, House of Cards, Downton Abbey, Game of Thrones and Mad Men will compete for best drama series in the 2014 Primetime Emmys, the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences announced today in Los Angeles.
The 66th Primetime Emmy Awards will air Aug. 25 on NBC, with emcee Seth Meyers, the former Saturday Night Live player and new NBC late-night host.
More to come
- Worst-ever Ebola outbreak getting even worse: By the numbers
- Why an anti-ISIS coalition could be 'a problem'
- iOS 8: 8 new things
- Enterovirus D-68: 8 things parents should know
- CRTC gets an earful at hearings on future of TV
- Mike Duffy case: Court in session Tuesday for senator's expenses case
- Waterloo tech startup leader is paid in bitcoin
- B.C. teachers' strike: Both sides back at bargaining table
- Ebola outbreak by the numbers
- Alfred Hitchcock film offers neuroscientists clues to vegetative state
'Mother of all water main breaks' blasts water 25 metres into the air.
Date 54 mins ago, Duration 1:11, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 22 hrs ago 2:27
Tooltip Information:Django Unchained actor cuffed by L.A. policeVideo by:Description: Daniele Watts detained. Police responded to complaint about 'indecent exposure' in a silver MercedesRating: 1.75Views: 6297
Date 14-09-14 6:17
Tooltip Information:How Britain is reacting to David Haines beheadingVideo by:Description: CBC News speaks with Fawaz Gerges, professor of international relations at the London School of Economics and Political ScienceRating: 3.31Views: 18706