A helicopter operating with the Canadian Coast Guard research icebreaker Amundsen crashed into the Arctic Ocean yesterday.
Three crew aboard the helicopter died, CBC News has learned. There were no survivors.
The Amundsen recently departed Resolute to continue its research voyage. It was at sea when the crash occurred.
The Coast Guard was expected to reveal more information at a press briefing on Tuesday morning.
More to come
- Canada plans legislation to end pay-to-pay billing fees
- Asteroid smash-up captured by NASA telescope
- Ebola outbreak: ZMapp protects sick monkeys
- Is it time for higher speed limits on Canada's highways?
- B.C. teachers' strike: When could classes start?
- Sunwing Flight 656: Why passengers are unlikely to win damages due to unruly fliers
- Is mapping the North Pole seabed worth the time and money?
- David Cameron, British PM, plans new laws to tackle terrorism threat
- Iraq to receive $2.75M in Canadian aid as military supplies arrive
- Premiers agree to move forward with a national energy strategy
Since he was 10, Sasha has taken the train everyday between Moscow and his home in the suburbs. Only instead of sitting inside with the other passenger... More Since he was 10, Sasha has taken the train everyday between Moscow and his home in the suburbs. Only instead of sitting inside with the other passengers, he runs on its rooftop as the train hurtles along. Duration: 01:37
Date 9 mins ago, Duration 1:36, Views 0
Video by: AFP
Date 14-08-29 1:59
Tooltip Information:Topless toddler at swimming pool ends in scuffleVideo by:Description: Mother of 3-year-old girl says she was tripped by a lifeguard; complaints filed by and against mother.Rating: 3.21Views: 63666
Date 14-08-29 4:26
Tooltip Information:Calgary brothers fight for ISISVideo by:Description: Two more Canadians are on the list of foreign fighters with the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, CBC's Adrienne Arsenault reportsRating: 3.28Views: 22528
Date 7 hrs ago 2:03
Tooltip Information:Door-to-door water test warningVideo by:Description: The City of Toronto is warning residents to be cautious about private companies offering door-to-door free water testing.Rating: 3.75Views: 713