A helicopter operating with the Canadian Coast Guard research icebreaker Amundsen crashed into the Arctic Ocean yesterday.
Three crew aboard the helicopter died, CBC News has learned. There were no survivors.
The Amundsen recently departed Resolute to continue its research voyage. It was at sea when the crash occurred.
The Coast Guard was expected to reveal more information at a press briefing on Tuesday morning.
More to come
- Malaysia Airlines jet search turns up nothing but ocean trash
- George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight to end amid Hockey Night in Canada reports
- Autistic son 'prisoner' in Ottawa hospital
- South Korean trade deal sets up fight between auto, agriculture sectors
- Why bitcoin isn't dead yet
- HIV 'cure' for babies tested in Canada
- MP Laurie Hawn announces he's leaving federal politics
- Lev Tahor case: 7 children taken by child services in Ontario
- Sochi Paralympics confronts Russia's attitude towards disabled
- Colorado gets high on pot revenue, marijuana tourists
David Cameron and Angela Merkel attend the opening of Germany's Information technology fair in Hanover. Duration: 01:04
Date 30 mins ago, Duration 1:03, Views 0
Video by: AFP