Aaron Yoon released from Mauritanian prison
Aaron Yoon, the 24-year-old Canadian who has been held in a Mauritanian prison since 2011 on terror-related charges, has been released.
Yoon was accused by Mauritanian authorities of having links to two Canadians involved in an attack on an Algerian gas plant in January that ended with the deaths of the 37 hostages and 29 attackers.
He is being interviewed by Mauritanian intelligence officials and will soon be deported to Canada, CBC's Adrienne Arsenault reported. He could be back in Canada within two days, Arsenault said.
His release was facilitated by Canadian diplomats in Morocco.
More to come
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dead at 76
- How one Colorado county is using its marijuana profits
- St. John River ice mass moving, water levels could rise
- Kandahar to Carleton U.: Afghan woman's risky pursuit of education
- Alistair MacLeod, acclaimed Canadian writer, dead at 77
- Boston Marathon local favourite Shalane Flanagan wants to win
- Ontario inmates get 'inadequate' food in court, lawyers say
- South Korea ferry: transcripts reveal evacuation confusion
- Malaysia Airlines MH370: Families discuss financial help
- Air Canada to consider firing workers in baggage toss video
Media workers across Pakistan have held angry protests after a leading journalist was shot and wounded on Saturday.
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 1:21, Views 2
Date 14-04-16 0:50
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: What happenedVideo by:Description: Early Tuesday morning five people were stabbed to death at a house party hosted by university students. Here's what we know so far about what happenedRating: 3.35Views: 6370
Date 2 hrs ago 1:56
Tooltip Information:Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dead at 76Video by:Description: Former professional boxer and long-time advocate for the wrongly convicted died Sunday in TorontoRating: 4Views: 237
Date 2 hrs ago 2:23
Tooltip Information:Ottawa police dealing with racist graffitiVideo by:Description: There have been 30 cases of graffiti popping up in the Westboro and Ottawa River areas.Rating: 4Views: 24