Afghanistan suicide bomber attacks on army bus kills 4
AFGHANISTAN - Tags: CIVIL UNREST
Afghan policemen inspect the wreckage of a bus hit by a suicide attack in Kabul January 26, 2014. A suicide bomber attacked an Afghan army bus in the capital, Kabul, on Sunday, killing three people and wounding at least 10, police said. The attack, the latest in a worrying upsurge of violence in Kabul and around Afghanistan, was claimed by the Taliban. REUTERS/Omar Sobhani (AFGHANISTAN - Tags: CIVIL UNREST) - RTX17UP9 REUTERS
An Afghan official says a suicide bomber has attacked a military bus in Kabul, killing at least four people.
Gen. Mohammad Zahir Azimi, spokesman for the Defense Ministry, said the bomber waited on foot Sunday in the east of the city for the bus to arrive before setting off his explosives. He said the dead included two soldiers and two civilians, one of whom was a woman. He says 22 others were wounded.
Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid claimed responsibility for the attack in an email sent to media
- Lee Joon-seok, South Korea ferry captain, faces 5 charges
- Calgary stabbings: Funerals for 3 of 5 victims set for Monday
- Air Canada investigating luggage toss caught on video
- Kevin Martin retires from curling
- Mount Everest avalanche: Search continues for buried Nepalese guides
- Amanda Todd case: Dutch suspect may have targeted other Canadian children
- Ukraine crisis: Pro-Russia militants shrug off Geneva deal
- N.B. officials warn of more flooding due to 35-km-long ice mass
- Anti-Semitic flyers rattle eastern Ukraine's Jewish community: Derek Stoffel
- Share a juicer, your dog or a room in your home? How the sharing economy took off
Ducks 'gamer' Getzlaf nets 2 points to sink Stars.
Date 43 mins ago, Duration 1:20, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-04-16 0:50
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: What happenedVideo by:Description: Early Tuesday morning five people were stabbed to death at a house party hosted by university students. Here's what we know so far about what happenedRating: 4Views: 206
Date 14-04-17 1:25
Tooltip Information:McDonald's foreign workers call it 'slavery'Video by:Description: Belizian temporary workers docked more pay for rent in corporate apartment than the cost incurred by McDonald'sRating: 3.68Views: 27736