The Art Gallery of Ontario opens David Bowie Is, a sprawling exhibit featuring the legendary performer's music, art and clothing, this week in Toronto.
CBCNews.ca brought Jian Ghomeshi, Bowie superfan and host of CBC Radio's Q, along to check it out. Among hundreds of Bowie artifacts, Ghomeshi picked out some interesting pieces: a photograph of entertainer Little Richard that a 10-year-old Bowie coveted, hand-drawn sketches of stage fashion Bowie made when he was a teen and the handwritten lyrics to his classic song Heroes.
David Bowie Is opens Wednesday and runs until Nov. 27.
- ISIS audio urges Muslims everywhere to kill 'unbelievers'
- MAVEN spacecraft reaches orbit around Mars
- BC Ferries fare hikes forcing some to rethink island work, life
- UN Climate Summit: Thousands march worldwide ahead of meeting
- How a Winnipeg lab became an Ebola research powerhouse
- Importing air pollution from China
- Wind, rainfall warnings blanket Atlantic coastline
- Ebola outbreak: Sierra Leone lockdown not extended
- Pennsylvania multi-car crash leaves 4 children, 1 adult dead
- Calgary cougar shooting to get full review, justice minister says
A brawl broke out in the Washington and Philadelphia game on Sunday after Eagles quarterback Nick Foles suffered a late hit.
Date 55 mins ago, Duration 1:37, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-09-16 2:46
Tooltip Information:Elders watched helplessly while woman beaten to deathVideo by:Description:Rating: 3.7Views: 95873
Date 14-09-18 2:20
Tooltip Information:Homeowner seeks repayment for construction damagesVideo by:Description: Bill Shotyk says the company working on a home next door to his is refusing for pay for damage to his property.Rating: 2.84Views: 11079
Date 14 hrs ago 1:33
Tooltip Information:Scotland minister says voters were 'misled and tricked'Video by:Description: Alex Salmond, Scotland's first minister, weighed in on the issue just days after the Yes side was defeatedRating: 5Views: 838
Date 11 hrs ago 4:21
Tooltip Information:World climate change ralliesVideo by:Description: CBC's Paul Hunter reports from NYC, where organizers say at least 100,000 people are taking part in a march through ManhattanRating: 2.65Views: 4810