The Art Gallery of Ontario opens David Bowie Is, a sprawling exhibit featuring the legendary performer's music, art and clothing, this week in Toronto.
CBCNews.ca brought Jian Ghomeshi, Bowie superfan and host of CBC Radio's Q, along to check it out. Among hundreds of Bowie artifacts, Ghomeshi picked out some interesting pieces: a photograph of entertainer Little Richard that a 10-year-old Bowie coveted, hand-drawn sketches of stage fashion Bowie made when he was a teen and the handwritten lyrics to his classic song Heroes.
David Bowie Is opens Wednesday and runs until Nov. 27.
- Ukraine crisis: Russia, Ukraine trade blame for deadly gun attack
- Mounties on medical, stress leave fear new dismissal process
- Calgary stabbings: Zackariah Rathwell's family breaks silence
- Pro-marijuana protesters hit Parliament Hill
- Queen Elizabeth releases grinning portrait for 88th birthday
- Why doesn't Easter have a fixed date?
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dead at 76
- Alistair MacLeod, acclaimed Canadian writer, dead at 77
- Ottawa toddler fights for his life after TV falls on him
- Bear gets head stuck in plastic jar in Greater Sudbury
Freelance reporter Megan Williams compares the style of Pope Francis with that of his predecessors
Date 3 hrs ago, Duration 1:53, Views 69
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 8 hrs ago 1:56
Tooltip Information:Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dead at 76Video by:Description: Former professional boxer and long-time advocate for the wrongly convicted died Sunday in TorontoRating: 3.75Views: 8943
Date 14-04-16 0:50
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: What happenedVideo by:Description: Early Tuesday morning five people were stabbed to death at a house party hosted by university students. Here's what we know so far about what happenedRating: 3.1Views: 8468
Date 5 hrs ago 1:18
Tooltip Information:Toddler's grandma speaks after TV falls on boyVideo by:Description: Frances Barbe says her grandson was reaching while everyone else was asleep.Rating: 4Views: 493