The Art Gallery of Ontario opens David Bowie Is, a sprawling exhibit featuring the legendary performer's music, art and clothing, this week in Toronto.
CBCNews.ca brought Jian Ghomeshi, Bowie superfan and host of CBC Radio's Q, along to check it out. Among hundreds of Bowie artifacts, Ghomeshi picked out some interesting pieces: a photograph of entertainer Little Richard that a 10-year-old Bowie coveted, hand-drawn sketches of stage fashion Bowie made when he was a teen and the handwritten lyrics to his classic song Heroes.
David Bowie Is opens Wednesday and runs until Nov. 27.
- Joseph Rudolph Wood execution: Inmate dies 2 hours after lethal injection
- Great white shark near St. Andrews captured in vivid video
- B.C. weather: thunderstorms, flooding hit Kelowna, Kamloops
- Gaza conflict: FAA lifts ban on flights to Tel Aviv
- Hamas arsenal suggests 'apocalyptic' scenario: Israeli official
- TransAsia Flight GE222 crash likely due to bad weather: officials
- Sears Canada, Reitmans & Indigo face battle for survival
- Vancouver's Oppenheimer Park protest raises question of aboriginal title to urban centres
- Deaf Montreal boy gains hearing after experimental surgery
- Tyrannosaurs prowled in packs, B.C. tracks show
Natalia Antelava gains access to a village where one woman apparently died, and another was badly injured, when it was allegedly shelled by Ukrainian G... More Natalia Antelava gains access to a village where one woman apparently died, and another was badly injured, when it was allegedly shelled by Ukrainian Grad rockets.
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 2:37, Views 6
Date 10 hrs ago 1:29
Tooltip Information:Susan Boyle has slight stumble with Mull of KintyreVideo by:Description: Singer seems to forget the opening line to the song then recovers to finish strong.Rating: 2.5Views: 1616