All Sea King helicopters grounded after N.S. incident
All Canadian Sea King helicopters have been grounded pending an investigation into an incident late Monday night at a Canadian Forces Base near Halifax, the Department of National Defence has announced.
A Sea King helicopter struck the tarmac with its main rotors just before midnight Monday during a landing at CFB Shearwater in Eastern Passage, N.S., after a training flight.
DND confirmed that the helicopter experienced a “flight safety occurrence.”
The CBC’s Paul Withers reports a hangar on the air base was also damaged by the debris. The rotors were sheared off.
DND said the four crew members aboard the aircraft were not injured.
CFB Shearwater is located across Halifax Harbour from the city itself.
- Rehtaeh Parsons suspect accused of threatening girl's father
- Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 will be found, expert says
- Rob Ford’s 'cranes in the sky' line examined by economists
- 4 new species of 'killer' sponges discovered off Pacific coast
- Air Canada investigating luggage toss caught on video
- New Brunswick flood concerns continue
- How dearth of Canadian teams in NHL hockey playoffs will hit local economies
- Mount Everest avalanche: 13th body pulled from snow
- Ralph Nader slams GM's stance on 'hypothetical casualties'
- Calgary stabbings: Funerals for 3 of 5 victims set for Monday
The search resumes for three missing local guides after an avalanche kills 13 Sherpas on the slopes of Mount Everest.
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 1:38, Views 86
Date 14-04-16 0:50
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: What happenedVideo by:Description: Early Tuesday morning five people were stabbed to death at a house party hosted by university students. Here's what we know so far about what happenedRating: 3Views: 1221
Date 14-04-17 1:25
Tooltip Information:McDonald's foreign workers call it 'slavery'Video by:Description: Belizian temporary workers docked more pay for rent in corporate apartment than the cost incurred by McDonald'sRating: 3.68Views: 28327