All Sea King helicopters grounded after N.S. incident
All Canadian Sea King helicopters have been grounded pending an investigation into an incident late Monday night at a Canadian Forces Base near Halifax, the Department of National Defence has announced.
A Sea King helicopter struck the tarmac with its main rotors just before midnight Monday during a landing at CFB Shearwater in Eastern Passage, N.S., after a training flight.
DND confirmed that the helicopter experienced a “flight safety occurrence.”
The CBC’s Paul Withers reports a hangar on the air base was also damaged by the debris. The rotors were sheared off.
DND said the four crew members aboard the aircraft were not injured.
CFB Shearwater is located across Halifax Harbour from the city itself.
- Big business: How disabilities are transforming the marketplace
- Apple's iOS 8: It's delivery day for new mobile operating system
- Rob Ford health update coming 1 week after tumour discovery
- Harper sidestepped MPs on Supreme Court pick due to Nadon 'leaks'
- Master Cpl. Denis Demers takes own life 2 weeks after standoff
- Jackie Chan's son Jaycee formally arrested in drug case
- North Korea-bound American swimmer arrested by South Korea
- Rob Ford's health: Update expected today
- Adrian Peterson ordered to stay away from Minnesota Vikings
- Adrian Peterson made exempt from all Minnesota Vikings activities
After a long summer of bombardment by government forces, residents of Luhansk are trying to return to normal life as the BBC's Paul Adams reports.
Date 33 mins ago, Duration 2:56, Views 0
Date 14-09-16 2:46
Tooltip Information:Elders watched helplessly while woman beaten to deathVideo by:Description:Rating: 3.4Views: 15541
Date 7 hrs ago 3:02
Tooltip Information:Derek Jeter hit by Rays, Yankees answer, benches clearVideo by:Description: A heated 8th inning between Tampa Bay and NY Yankees.Rating: 5Views: 642