All Sea King helicopters grounded after N.S. incident
All Canadian Sea King helicopters have been grounded pending an investigation into an incident late Monday night at a Canadian Forces Base near Halifax, the Department of National Defence has announced.
A Sea King helicopter struck the tarmac with its main rotors just before midnight Monday during a landing at CFB Shearwater in Eastern Passage, N.S., after a training flight.
DND confirmed that the helicopter experienced a “flight safety occurrence.”
The CBC’s Paul Withers reports a hangar on the air base was also damaged by the debris. The rotors were sheared off.
DND said the four crew members aboard the aircraft were not injured.
CFB Shearwater is located across Halifax Harbour from the city itself.
- Central African Republic violence sees thousands flee
- Global trade deal reached after 2 decades
- Nelson Mandela 'a great man,' family says
- Nelson Mandela tributes to be attended by Harper, 3 former PMs
- Atheist billboard ads rejected in Vancouver
- New solar lamp offers villagers alternative to toxic kerosene
- Twin boys born 8 days apart at Halifax hospital
- Potentially damaging Jackpine oilsands mine expansion OK'd by Ottawa
- Tim Hortons 'wage theft' claim prompts call for police probe
- Rob Anders still no fan of Nelson Mandela
Thousands of mourners from around the world have come to Nelson Mandela Square in Johannesburg, CBC's Kim Brunhuber reports
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 1:42, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 6 hrs ago 2:41
Tooltip Information:Hospital theftVideo by:Description: An Orillia man is coming to grips with a theft from a St. Michael's hospital room that has left him without his wedding band, and his wife without several belongings.Rating: 4Views: 314