AMP Calgary radio station gives up on short songs format
AMP Calgary radio station has been playing shorter songs on air since last Friday. It says the reaction so far has been mixed, but is "generally quite favourable." CBC
A Calgary radio station has given up a format featuring shorter versions of songs which it said gave listeners twice the music.
The station, 90.3 Amp (CKMP), changed to the style called QuickHitz nearly three weeks ago.
Owner Newcap Radio said it was a first for a radio station in Canada and perhaps the world to take up the format.
But Steve Jones, vice-president of programming, said the station went back to its original format Tuesday.
He says there were threats of lawsuits on behalf of a number of unnamed musical artists and the company decided it wasn't worth it to continue.
Jones says he is convinced that the format is a good one and could be rejigged and brought back in the future.
- ISIS audio urges Muslims everywhere to kill 'unbelievers'
- Ebola outbreak: Sierra Leone lockdown not extended
- UN Climate Summit: Thousands march worldwide ahead of meeting
- Wind, rainfall warnings blanket Atlantic coastline
- BC Ferries fare hikes forcing some to rethink island work, life
- How a Winnipeg lab became an Ebola research powerhouse
- Importing air pollution from China
- Pennsylvania multi-car crash leaves 4 children, 1 adult dead
- Calgary cougar shooting to get full review, justice minister says
- Linda Griffiths, actor and playwright, dead after battle with cancer
Yemeni Prime Minister Mohammed Basindwa resigns amid reports that rebels have taken control of the government headquarters.
Date 3 hrs ago, Duration 1:19, Views 10
Date 3 hrs ago 4:21
Tooltip Information:World climate change ralliesVideo by:Description: CBC's Paul Hunter reports from NYC, where organizers say at least 100,000 people are taking part in a march through ManhattanRating: 4Views: 151
Date 14-09-18 2:20
Tooltip Information:Homeowner seeks repayment for construction damagesVideo by:Description: Bill Shotyk says the company working on a home next door to his is refusing for pay for damage to his property.Rating: 3Views: 8936
Date 14-09-16 2:46
Tooltip Information:Elders watched helplessly while woman beaten to deathVideo by:Description:Rating: 3.7Views: 91226