Amy Robach reveals she has breast cancer after on-air mammogram
Photo by Brian Ach/Invision for Advertising Week/AP Images, File
ABC News correspondent Amy Robach says she has breast cancer, a month after she was given a mammogram on the air for a Good Morning America story. She will have both breasts removed in surgery on Thursday. (Photo by Brian Ach/Invision for Advertising Week/AP Images, File) Brian Ach/Invision/Advertising Week/Associated Press
ABC News correspondent Amy Robach says she has breast cancer, a month after she was given a mammogram on the air for a Good Morning America story.
Robach said Monday she'll have both breasts surgically removed Thursday.
She was asked by producers to have the mammogram for a story because she was 40, an age where women are encouraged to be more vigilant checking for breast cancer. She said a doctor told her the mammogram saved her life.
Robach was a frequent fill-in on ABC's morning show while Robin Roberts was fighting a serious blood and bone marrow disease.
- Earth-sized planet found in star's habitable zone
- Matthew de Grood, Calgary stabbing suspect, understands charges, lawyer says
- Canada to send 6 CF-18s for NATO operation in Eastern Europe
- Thousands more public-sector jobs than planned to be cut, watchdog says
- Wyatt Miville, baby with rare congenital trismus, can't open his mouth
- Ukraine crisis: Kerry says deal reached to ease tensions
- McDonald's foreign workers call it 'slavery'
- Supreme Court to decide on Senate questions April 25
- Cpl. Derrick Gallagher faces 18 new charges in sex assault probe
- Michael Bloomberg launches $50M gun control effort
More than 300 people lined up for Easter Breakfast Thursday morning at Winnipeg's Agape Table.
Date 48 mins ago, Duration 1:18, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 6 hrs ago 1:25
Tooltip Information:McDonald's foreign workers call it 'slavery'Video by:Description: Belizian temporary workers docked more pay for rent in corporate apartment than the cost incurred by McDonald'sRating: 3.75Views: 5834
Date 17 hrs ago 2:46
Tooltip Information:Matthew de Grood's lawyer speaksVideo by:Description: Allan Fay met his client for the first time today and share his initial findings with CBC Calgary.Rating: 3.94Views: 5714