Amy Robach reveals she has breast cancer after on-air mammogram
Photo by Brian Ach/Invision for Advertising Week/AP Images, File
ABC News correspondent Amy Robach says she has breast cancer, a month after she was given a mammogram on the air for a Good Morning America story. She will have both breasts removed in surgery on Thursday. (Photo by Brian Ach/Invision for Advertising Week/AP Images, File) Brian Ach/Invision/Advertising Week/Associated Press
ABC News correspondent Amy Robach says she has breast cancer, a month after she was given a mammogram on the air for a Good Morning America story.
Robach said Monday she'll have both breasts surgically removed Thursday.
She was asked by producers to have the mammogram for a story because she was 40, an age where women are encouraged to be more vigilant checking for breast cancer. She said a doctor told her the mammogram saved her life.
Robach was a frequent fill-in on ABC's morning show while Robin Roberts was fighting a serious blood and bone marrow disease.
- McDonald's foreign worker practices halted in face of investigation
- B.C. earthquake: 6.7 magnitude quake hits near Port Alice, B.C.
- Rehtaeh Parsons suspects' lawyers want Crown to testify
- Weyburn restaurant defends staffing moves and use of foreign temps
- New study picks the best Canadian cities for women
- Abbotsford police shoot mentally ill man with rubber bullets
- Gas price jump 'doesn't make sense'
- Explosion at Mississauga warehouse injures 4 firefighters
- Canada gets Happy with Pharrell Williams dance videos
- New York police face backlash for #myNYPD photo campaign
Health officials hope more people will seek vaccination
Date 56 mins ago, Duration 2:01, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 9 hrs ago 1:56
Tooltip Information:Ron MacLean's apology on Quebec refsVideo by:Description: Hockey Night In Canada commentator tries to extricate himself from hot water after comments about the impartiality of French-Canadian referees assigned to Montreal Canadiens playoff gamesRating: 3.3Views: 10660
Date 5 hrs ago 2:09
Tooltip Information:Criminal charges coming after Winnipeg hockey fightVideo by:Description: Police say charges are pending against three people involved in an on-ice brawl at a hockey tournament in Winnipeg.Rating: 3.5Views: 707
Date 14-04-22 3:08
Tooltip Information:CBC reporter helps reconnect familyVideo by:Description: CBC's Neil Herland helped Perry Wilson reunite with his sister and brother after 20 years apart.Rating: 3.86Views: 14294