Andrew Wiggins to declare for NBA draft: reports
Andrew Wiggins led Kansas in scoring at 17.1 points per game and averaged 5.9 rebounds. Jamie Squire/Getty Images
The University of Kansas has scheduled a news conference Monday at its Allen Fieldhouse with Canadian freshman star Andrew Wiggins and basketball coach Bill Self.
According to multiple reports, Wiggins, of Vaughan, Ont., will announce his intention to declare for the upcoming NBA draft.
Wiggins has said he planned to turn pro after one collegiate season, though Kansas would not say what Monday's news will be.
The 6-foot-8 Wiggins led Kansas in scoring at 17.1 points per game and averaged 5.9 rebounds. The Canadian was the Big 12 freshman of the year and a first-team all-conference selection. He is expected to be one of the top picks in the draft.
Fellow Kansas freshman Wayne Selden Jr. has already announced he will return to school. Freshman centre Joel Embiid, who also has a chance to be the top overall pick, has yet to announce his plans.
- Jennifer Lawrence among celebrity victims in leak of nude photos
- Canadians expose foreign worker 'mess' in oilsands
- Ashya King case: Sick British boy's parents to stay in custody in Spain
- New techniques help curb advanced melanoma
- B.C. teachers' strike: No school year start Tuesday
- Back-to-school: 7 million students, 440,000 educators prepare for the new year
- Ebola outreak: Liberia extends stay-home order for civil servants
- Louisiana’s new restrictive abortion law won't be enforced yet, judge rules
- Joan Rivers: Family remains hopeful for star's recovery
- ISIS threat: Germany to send rifles and tanks to aid Kurds in Iraq
What was once a way of stopping students from falling behind is now evolving into a plan to stay ahead
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 2:56, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-08-29 1:59
Tooltip Information:Topless toddler at swimming pool ends in scuffleVideo by:Description: Mother of 3-year-old girl says she was tripped by a lifeguard; complaints filed by and against mother.Rating: 3.18Views: 102452
Date 11 hrs ago 2:14
Tooltip Information:Zaccheus Jackson, 36, dies in train accidentVideo by:Description: Community mourns much-loved and admired Vancouver poet and spoken word artistRating: 5Views: 473