Asiana passenger's cause of death to be confirmed
Officials are set to reveal whether a Chinese student on board Asiana Flight 214 survived the plane's crash landing at the San Francisco International Airport earlier this month only to be killed accidentally on the runway by a fire truck racing to the wrecked, smoking plane.
The San Mateo County Coroner's Office will hold a news conference Friday at 10 a.m. PT to announce the cause and manner of 16-year-old Ye Meng Yuan's death.
Ye Meng Yuan and her middle school classmate, 16-year-old Wang Linjia, died in the July 6 crash . The other victim killed, 15-year-old Liu Yipeng, died at a hospital July 12. Dozens of other people were injured.
Police and fire officials confirmed last week that Ye Meng Yuan was hit by a fire truck racing to extinguish the blazing Boeing 777.
- Former Mountie charged in 8 historical sex assaults by B.C. RCMP
- University of Ottawa prof decries administration 'gutlessness'
- Ukraine crisis leads to Canada expelling Russian soldiers
- Hockey stick billed as oldest in the world for sale on eBay
- Condom piercer loses Supreme Court appeal
- No call for national inquiry in MPs' report on aboriginal women
- Spring break 2014: When it starts across the country
- York University shooting victims not targeted, police say
- Marijuana reform: 5 things to know about possible changes to the law
- B.C. RCMP to announce charges in 8 historical sex assaults
Creek where the boy drowned was not fenced off from a nearby playground
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 1:12, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories