Asiana passenger's cause of death to be confirmed
Officials are set to reveal whether a Chinese student on board Asiana Flight 214 survived the plane's crash landing at the San Francisco International Airport earlier this month only to be killed accidentally on the runway by a fire truck racing to the wrecked, smoking plane.
The San Mateo County Coroner's Office will hold a news conference Friday at 10 a.m. PT to announce the cause and manner of 16-year-old Ye Meng Yuan's death.
Ye Meng Yuan and her middle school classmate, 16-year-old Wang Linjia, died in the July 6 crash . The other victim killed, 15-year-old Liu Yipeng, died at a hospital July 12. Dozens of other people were injured.
Police and fire officials confirmed last week that Ye Meng Yuan was hit by a fire truck racing to extinguish the blazing Boeing 777.
- Gaza crisis: Violence continues despite Egyptian call for ceasefire
- Iceland volcano: Bardarbunga eruption begins
- Lev Tahor, ultra-Orthodox Jewish sect, quietly moves to Guatemala
- Tina Fontaine’s family prepares for slain teen's funeral on Saturday
- Indian status: 5 things you need to know
- ISIS atrocities in Iraq: What's Canada's next move?
- Kevin Love trade: Andrew Wiggins rare No. 1 pick
- Wynne slams Harper over missing, murdered aboriginal women comments
- Russian aid convoy leaves Ukraine
- Alberta's cloud-seeding pilots see 2nd busiest year in 20 years
Man in life-threatening condition after electric shock
Date 38 mins ago, Duration 1:00, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 22 hrs ago 2:12
Tooltip Information:Hiker rescued days after fleeing bear in treeVideo by:Description: Julien Landry in stable condition in a Kelowna, B.C., hospital after concussion, injured and alone in the forest after a wild encounterRating: 3.18Views: 22518
Date 1 hr ago 1:50
Tooltip Information:Lotus restaurant fined for food poisoningVideo by:Description: Ottawa Public Health fined a Barrhaven Chinese restaurant after 44 people got sick from food.Rating: 4Views: 0