Asiana passenger's cause of death to be confirmed
Officials are set to reveal whether a Chinese student on board Asiana Flight 214 survived the plane's crash landing at the San Francisco International Airport earlier this month only to be killed accidentally on the runway by a fire truck racing to the wrecked, smoking plane.
The San Mateo County Coroner's Office will hold a news conference Friday at 10 a.m. PT to announce the cause and manner of 16-year-old Ye Meng Yuan's death.
Ye Meng Yuan and her middle school classmate, 16-year-old Wang Linjia, died in the July 6 crash . The other victim killed, 15-year-old Liu Yipeng, died at a hospital July 12. Dozens of other people were injured.
Police and fire officials confirmed last week that Ye Meng Yuan was hit by a fire truck racing to extinguish the blazing Boeing 777.
- Justin Trudeau's pot stance in line with 1 in 3 Canadians, poll suggests
- Justin Bourque found fit to stand trial in Moncton shootings
- Gaza conflict: Israel, Hamas both committing war crimes, UN official says
- How dinosaurs shrank into birds
- Toronto ranked 15th on global list of millionaires
- Pope Francis's 10 happiness tips: Turn off the TV and don't try to convert others
- 'Mr. Big' stings get stricter rules from Supreme Court
- Georgia Walsh: Minivan driver charged in death of 7-year-old
- Bass Coast festival headdress bans ruffles feathers and sparks debate
- Scott Morgan wins gold, silver in gymnastics
Rescue workers in western India are working to locate survivors of a landslide that has claimed at least 30 lives and buried up to 200 people.
Date 36 mins ago, Duration 1:32, Views 607