Asiana passenger's cause of death to be confirmed
Officials are set to reveal whether a Chinese student on board Asiana Flight 214 survived the plane's crash landing at the San Francisco International Airport earlier this month only to be killed accidentally on the runway by a fire truck racing to the wrecked, smoking plane.
The San Mateo County Coroner's Office will hold a news conference Friday at 10 a.m. PT to announce the cause and manner of 16-year-old Ye Meng Yuan's death.
Ye Meng Yuan and her middle school classmate, 16-year-old Wang Linjia, died in the July 6 crash . The other victim killed, 15-year-old Liu Yipeng, died at a hospital July 12. Dozens of other people were injured.
Police and fire officials confirmed last week that Ye Meng Yuan was hit by a fire truck racing to extinguish the blazing Boeing 777.
- Jean Chrétien says Canada is all in on Iraq mission
- Turkey says 49 hostages seized by ISIS have been freed
- Canadian fighter jets intercept Russian bombers in Arctic
- First Nation girl refuses chemotherapy, may be forced back into treatment
- Jean Chrétien gave U.K. government advice ahead of Scotland referendum
- Hurricane Odile: WestJet offers final evacuation flight to Calgary
- Why chimps kill other chimps — U.S. study uncovers main reason
- After the Scotland referendum: What happens next
- Don Frigo shooting death: Canada-wide warrant issued for Boris Panovski
- Ukrainian peace talks lead to buffer zone deal
Dozens of Turkish hostages seized by Islamic State (IS) in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul in June have been released and arrived back in Turkey.
Date 3 hrs ago, Duration 1:41, Views 19
Date 14-09-16 2:46
Tooltip Information:Elders watched helplessly while woman beaten to deathVideo by:Description:Rating: 3.66Views: 75393
Date 14-09-17 2:02
Tooltip Information:33-year-old's mysterious disappearanceVideo by:Description: Family members of Crystal Ratvay made a special plea for information to help them find the Abbotsford womanRating: 3Views: 39350
Date 14-09-18 1:16
Tooltip Information:Cat escapes from collapsing wreckage of Dauphin hotel (Video by David Katcsma)Video by:Description: David Katcsma of Dauphin, Man., captured this video of a cat running out of the Towers Hotel as the burning building collapsed to the groundRating: 4.21Views: 8507
Date 14-09-18 2:20
Tooltip Information:Homeowner seeks repayment for construction damagesVideo by:Description: Bill Shotyk says the company working on a home next door to his is refusing for pay for damage to his property.Rating: 1Views: 790