At least 3 injured in Kanata emergency training exercise
Three injured during training exercise involving emergency crews in Kanata. CBC
At least three first responders were injured during a training exercise in Kanata, Ont., this morning, according to police and paramedics.
Witnesses near the training facility on March Road told CBC News they heard a "big bang" that sounded like an explosion.
Ottawa police Const. Marc Soucy said the incident occurred just after 10 a.m. ET during a joint training exercise.
"Three participants were injured during an incident and all three have been transported to hospital," he said.
Sources told CBC News that the first responders suffered "serious burns."
More to come
- Paramedics hurt in Ottawa explosion released from hospital
- Fatal crash closes intersection of March Road and Carling Avenue
- Growing movement to treat PTSD in responders
- Teen girl honoured for helping father during heart attack
- March Road and Carling Avenue reopened after fatal crash
- Police, fire, ambulance personnel face high PTSD rates
- Tely 10 swamped by heat-related injuries
- South Ottawa head-on crash sends 3 to hospital
- Manitoba ambulance hits cow, then bursts into flames
- Cyclist rescued from under dump truck near Chinatown
Haiti celebrates the Carnival of Flowers in an explosion of dance, music, costumes and colour. Duration: 00:37
Date 3 hrs ago, Duration 0:36, Views 203
Video by: AFP
Date 3 hrs ago 5:04
Tooltip Information:Damian Warner shatters men's decathlon 100m recordVideo by:Description: The Canadian impresses with a record time in Glasgow.Rating: 4Views: 232
Date 5 hrs ago 4:04
Tooltip Information:Team South Africa defeat powerhouse All Blacks for rugby goldVideo by:Description: Four-time Commonwealth Games champions settle for silver.Rating: 4Views: 184