'Batman' drops off suspect at police station, vanishes into night
LONDON - A mystery man dressed as Batman demonstrated the same crime-fighting skills as the caped crusader when he handed over a suspect wanted for burglary in Britain.
Surveillance footage showed a portly figure wearing an ill-fitting costume including gloves, cape and mask, bringing a 27-year-old man to a police station in Bradford in northern England.
The suspect was arrested and charged with handling stolen goods and fraud-related offences, according to the force. But the costumed crime-fighter disappeared into the night without leaving his name.
"The person who brought the wanted man into the station was dressed in a full Batman outfit," a spokeswoman for West Yorkshire Police said. "His identity, however, remains unknown."
The suspect was handed over early on February 25. Police released photos of the footage Monday.
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: object in water might be plane's door
- 'West is best' on job creation, economists agree
- Lake Louise avalanche victims didn't have proper gear
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Ali Moustafa, Canadian journalist, killed in Syria
- Psychiatric community care: Belgian town sets gold standard
- Pierre Karl Péladeau to run for PQ in Saint-Jérôme
- Stephen Harper heads to South Korea to ink long-awaited free-trade pact
- Hockeyville Top 16 communites announced
- Lev Tahor members back in Canada
Peter Kowalczyk says it is not unusual that rescuers have yet to find a trace of the jet's wreckage after 48 hours
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 5:01, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-03-08 2:14
Tooltip Information:2 Canadians on board missing planeVideo by:Description: We are learning more about two Canadians who are among the missing on the Malaysian airlines flight, Aarti Pole reportsRating: 3.83Views: 6214
Date 21 hrs ago 3:32
Tooltip Information:Stolen passports may be on planeVideo by:Description: There is mystery surrounding the identity of two passengers on the Malaysia Airlines flight, who may have been travelling on stolen passportsRating: 3.25Views: 4938