Ben Johnson: catching up with a fallen hero
For many Canadians, it was a classic "Where were you ..." moment: 25 years ago Tuesday, sprinter Ben Johnson won gold in the 100-metre dash at the Olympic Games in Seoul, South Korea.
What followed was a positive drug test, the Dubin Inquiry, and an admission of cheating.
However, Johnson's story could have a silver lining.
CBC's Adrienne Arsenault looks at today's elite athletes a quarter of a century after Johnson' s infamous race.
- Rich Peverley undergoing tests in hospital after collapse
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 was well off-course, military says
- Average student debt difficult to pay off, delays life milestones
- UFO sightings soar to new heights in Canada
- Pauline Marois says independent Quebec would have no borders or tolls
- Cyberbullying in university on the rise, study says
- 10 myths about taxes that mislead Canadians
- Stephen Harper takes on Ford over South Korea trade deal
- Quebec construction firms raided by Competition Bureau
- Obese girls tend to do worse in school, U.K. study says
Invented in the 19th century to keep trade going when the Hudson river froze over, sail-powered ice boats have made a reappearance,due to near-record a... More Invented in the 19th century to keep trade going when the Hudson river froze over, sail-powered ice boats have made a reappearance,due to near-record amounts of snow in New York state this year. Duration: 01:40
Date 13 mins ago, Duration 1:40, Views 0
Video by: AFP
Date 4 hrs ago 0:56
Tooltip Information:RAW: Extremely long traffic lineup in St. BonifaceVideo by:Description: Drivers are facing extremely long lineups and delays along Archibald Street as crews work to repair a water main.Rating: 5Views: 617244
Date 14-03-10 0:37
Tooltip Information:RAW: Water main break floods McPhillips underpassVideo by:Description: A morning water main break flooded the McPhillips Street underpass and forced it to close to traffic.Rating: 3Views: 1211071