Ben Johnson: catching up with a fallen hero
For many Canadians, it was a classic "Where were you ..." moment: 25 years ago Tuesday, sprinter Ben Johnson won gold in the 100-metre dash at the Olympic Games in Seoul, South Korea.
What followed was a positive drug test, the Dubin Inquiry, and an admission of cheating.
However, Johnson's story could have a silver lining.
CBC's Adrienne Arsenault looks at today's elite athletes a quarter of a century after Johnson' s infamous race.
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dead at 76
- How one Colorado county is using its marijuana profits
- St. John River ice mass moving, water levels could rise
- Kandahar to Carleton U.: Afghan woman's risky pursuit of education
- Alistair MacLeod, acclaimed Canadian writer, dead at 77
- Boston Marathon local favourite Shalane Flanagan wants to win
- Ontario inmates get 'inadequate' food in court, lawyers say
- South Korea ferry: transcripts reveal evacuation confusion
- Malaysia Airlines MH370: Families discuss financial help
- Air Canada to consider firing workers in baggage toss video
Media workers across Pakistan have held angry protests after a leading journalist was shot and wounded on Saturday.
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 1:21, Views 2
Date 14-04-16 0:50
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: What happenedVideo by:Description: Early Tuesday morning five people were stabbed to death at a house party hosted by university students. Here's what we know so far about what happenedRating: 3.35Views: 6370
Date 2 hrs ago 1:56
Tooltip Information:Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dead at 76Video by:Description: Former professional boxer and long-time advocate for the wrongly convicted died Sunday in TorontoRating: 4Views: 237
Date 2 hrs ago 2:23
Tooltip Information:Ottawa police dealing with racist graffitiVideo by:Description: There have been 30 cases of graffiti popping up in the Westboro and Ottawa River areas.Rating: 4Views: 24