Boy, 14, missing after boat overturns in Ingonish, N.S.
A 14-year-old boy is missing after the boat he and four other teens were using overturned in Ingonish harbour early Saturday morning.
A Cormorant helicopter, nearly a dozen civilian boats and search crews from multiple departments continue to comb the coast of Ingonish, Cape Breton.
Five teens, ages 14 to 18, were in a wooden boat in the harbour when the boat took on water and overturned 300 metres from shore.
Four members of the group were able to swim to shore but the fifth, a 14-year-old, was last seen by his friends in the water.
RCMP received the call at 2:30 a.m.
RCMP officers, members of the Joint Rescue Coordination Centre, local fire departments and other emergency responders are continuing their search.
So far, searchers have found no sign of the overturned boat.
- Justin Trudeau's abortion policy keeps people talking
- Ottawa blocks Canadian from getting Syrian husband out of danger
- Unpaid academic internships called exploitation by students
- New Brunswick election 2014: Voters head to the polls today
- Integrated-prom pioneer needs funds to visit Museum for Human Rights
- ISIS forces 130,000 Syrians to flee to Turkey in 4 days
- How a Winnipeg lab became an Ebola research powerhouse
- ISIS audio urges attacks on 'unbelievers' in Canada
- BC Ferries fare hikes forcing some to rethink island work, life
- UN Climate Summit: Thousands march worldwide ahead of meeting
A brawl broke out in the Washington and Philadelphia game on Sunday after Eagles quarterback Nick Foles suffered a late hit.
Date 5 hrs ago, Duration 1:37, Views 66
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-09-16 2:46
Tooltip Information:Elders watched helplessly while woman beaten to deathVideo by:Description:Rating: 3.72Views: 96330
Date 16 hrs ago 4:21
Tooltip Information:World climate change ralliesVideo by:Description: CBC's Paul Hunter reports from NYC, where organizers say at least 100,000 people are taking part in a march through ManhattanRating: 2.65Views: 5126
Date 14-09-18 2:20
Tooltip Information:Homeowner seeks repayment for construction damagesVideo by:Description: Bill Shotyk says the company working on a home next door to his is refusing for pay for damage to his property.Rating: 2.84Views: 11278
Date 18 hrs ago 1:33
Tooltip Information:Scotland minister says voters were 'misled and tricked'Video by:Description: Alex Salmond, Scotland's first minister, weighed in on the issue just days after the Yes side was defeatedRating: 5Views: 1067