Boy, 14, missing after boat overturns in Ingonish, N.S.
A 14-year-old boy is missing after the boat he and four other teens were using overturned in Ingonish harbour early Saturday morning.
A Cormorant helicopter, nearly a dozen civilian boats and search crews from multiple departments continue to comb the coast of Ingonish, Cape Breton.
Five teens, ages 14 to 18, were in a wooden boat in the harbour when the boat took on water and overturned 300 metres from shore.
Four members of the group were able to swim to shore but the fifth, a 14-year-old, was last seen by his friends in the water.
RCMP received the call at 2:30 a.m.
RCMP officers, members of the Joint Rescue Coordination Centre, local fire departments and other emergency responders are continuing their search.
So far, searchers have found no sign of the overturned boat.
- B.C. teachers' strike: parents scramble for daycare spaces
- Eugenie Bouchard succumbs to Makarova, heat at U.S. Open
- 'Space sex geckos' found dead upon return to Earth, Russia says
- Jennifer Lawrence among celebrity victims in leak of nude photos
- Iraq PM pledges to root out ISIS militants
- Tomasz Gladkowski, 39, dies trying to rescue drowning son from Lake Huron
- Devin Scullion defies odds at 18 with aging disease progeria
- Collège de Saint-Ambroise in Jonquière bans homework for a year
- Finance Canada now sees middle-class families in rosy hue
- Gabriel Dion and Saint-Sulpice bar owner make amends
B.C. Teachers' Federation president's one-on-one interview with CBC's Andrew Chang the eve before school is supposed to start
Date 3 hrs ago, Duration 5:03, Views 146
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 3 hrs ago 5:03
Tooltip Information:Jim Iker on why teachers' strike continues RAWVideo by:Description: B.C. Teachers' Federation president's one-on-one interview with CBC's Andrew Chang the eve before school is supposed to startRating: 4Views: 2
Date 14-08-29 1:59
Tooltip Information:Topless toddler at swimming pool ends in scuffleVideo by:Description: Mother of 3-year-old girl says she was tripped by a lifeguard; complaints filed by and against mother.Rating: 3.19Views: 105967
Date 4 hrs ago 4:37
Tooltip Information:How long will the teachers' strike last?Video by:Description: Renee Filippone looks at how far apart the BCTF and the BCPSEA are in their demands and concessionsRating: 4Views: 89