Boy, 14, missing after boat overturns in Ingonish, N.S.
A 14-year-old boy is missing after the boat he and four other teens were using overturned in Ingonish harbour early Saturday morning.
A Cormorant helicopter, nearly a dozen civilian boats and search crews from multiple departments continue to comb the coast of Ingonish, Cape Breton.
Five teens, ages 14 to 18, were in a wooden boat in the harbour when the boat took on water and overturned 300 metres from shore.
Four members of the group were able to swim to shore but the fifth, a 14-year-old, was last seen by his friends in the water.
RCMP received the call at 2:30 a.m.
RCMP officers, members of the Joint Rescue Coordination Centre, local fire departments and other emergency responders are continuing their search.
So far, searchers have found no sign of the overturned boat.
- E-cigarette market on fire while scientists wage heated debate
- Toronto Ford Fest draws big crowd and LGBT protest
- Ukraine crisis: Russia firing artillery at Ukraine troops, U.S. says
- Ali Shahi charged after Sunwing plane makes emergency landing in Toronto
- Annaleise Carr, Lake Ontario conqueror, ends Lake Erie swim
- Vegetarian or flexitarian: How much meat do you really want to give up?
- Canada's defence diplomacy hurt by tight budget, report says
- Air Algerie Flight AH5017 crash: Plane 'disintegrated,' French officials say
- Beverley McLachlin, chief justice, deserves apology from PM, international jurists say
- Air Algerie Flight AH5017: Quebec's Burkina Faso community mourns
Blue Jays lose 17th straight at Yankee stadium.
Date 8 hrs ago, Duration 2:09, Views 59
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 8 hrs ago 1:07
Tooltip Information:Graham DeLaet fires course record at Canadian OpenVideo by:Description: Canadian is tied for 3rd place, 2 shots behind leaders Furyk and Petrovic.Rating: 4Views: 116