Boy, 14, missing after boat overturns in Ingonish, N.S.
A 14-year-old boy is missing after the boat he and four other teens were using overturned in Ingonish harbour early Saturday morning.
A Cormorant helicopter, nearly a dozen civilian boats and search crews from multiple departments continue to comb the coast of Ingonish, Cape Breton.
Five teens, ages 14 to 18, were in a wooden boat in the harbour when the boat took on water and overturned 300 metres from shore.
Four members of the group were able to swim to shore but the fifth, a 14-year-old, was last seen by his friends in the water.
RCMP received the call at 2:30 a.m.
RCMP officers, members of the Joint Rescue Coordination Centre, local fire departments and other emergency responders are continuing their search.
So far, searchers have found no sign of the overturned boat.
- Search for missing North Vancouver senior called off
- North Shore crews search for missing senior
- 5 tips for tracking missing persons with dementia
- Search underway on Cheticamp Island for missing person
- Missing British tourist Tom Billings focus of trail search
- Missing North Sydney hunter found
- Couple, 4 kids lost in frigid Nevada heated rocks in fire to survive
- More land erosion in Daniel's Harbour
- Poplar River boater rescued after being stranded
- Rescue teams search for 5 missing backpackers in Utah
Chris Butler's goal with 4 seconds left in overtime gives Calgary the win on a tumultuous day at the Flames office.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 1:01, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 13-12-11 0:37
Tooltip Information:Michigan Stadium transforms into an ice rinkVideo by:Description: Timelapse of The Big House as it morphs into an NHL rink for the Winter Classic on New Years Day where the Maples Leafs will face off against the Red Wings.Rating: 3.2Views: 13298