Boy, 14, missing after boat overturns in Ingonish, N.S.
A 14-year-old boy is missing after the boat he and four other teens were using overturned in Ingonish harbour early Saturday morning.
A Cormorant helicopter, nearly a dozen civilian boats and search crews from multiple departments continue to comb the coast of Ingonish, Cape Breton.
Five teens, ages 14 to 18, were in a wooden boat in the harbour when the boat took on water and overturned 300 metres from shore.
Four members of the group were able to swim to shore but the fifth, a 14-year-old, was last seen by his friends in the water.
RCMP received the call at 2:30 a.m.
RCMP officers, members of the Joint Rescue Coordination Centre, local fire departments and other emergency responders are continuing their search.
So far, searchers have found no sign of the overturned boat.
- Is it time for higher speed limits on Canada's highways?
- Back-to-school sleep tips for kids
- B.C. tour bus crashes on Coquihalla Highway, 43 injured, 5 critically
- Ukraine crisis: Putin urges safe passage for surrounded government troops
- Sunwing Flight 656: Why passengers are unlikely to win damages due to unruly fliers
- Google's delivery drones newest front in war with Amazon
- Papua New Guinea volcano erupts, forcing evacuations
- Canada's premiers pose like it's 1864 in Charlottetown
- B.C. teachers' strike: mediator Vince Ready stays involved
- California legislature passes 'yes means yes' bill
Giants pitcher breaks Jays lefty Buehrle's record of 45 straight.
Date 5 hrs ago, Duration 0:51, Views 14
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 4 hrs ago 4:26
Tooltip Information:Calgary brothers fight for ISISVideo by:Description: Two more Canadians are on the list of foreign fighters with the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, CBC's Adrienne Arsenault reportsRating: 3Views: 1206
Date 14-08-24 3:24
Tooltip Information:Earthquake hits Napa ValleyVideo by:Description: Thousands are left without power after a magnitude 6 earthquake, the strongest to his the region since 1989Rating: 3.17Views: 138050
Date 20 hrs ago 2:40
Tooltip Information:'2 unruly female passengers': Plane turns backVideo by:Description: Sunwing flight en route to Cuba forced to return to Toronto after two disruptive passengers cause a disturbanceRating: 2.75Views: 7022
Date 14-08-27 0:30
Tooltip Information:Arizona gun instructor gives fatal Uzi lessonVideo by:Description: Images of the lesson stop just before 9-year-old accidentally shoots himRating: 2Views: 26484