Boy, 5, missing near Nith River in New Hamburg
Emergency crews in Ontario's Waterloo region are scouring the Nith River area of the community of New Hamburg for a missing boy who apparently left his parents' home and headed toward the river.
Neighbours said the boy is five years old.
Rescue workers found footprints leading to a hole in the ice by the river's edge, with no footprints heading back.
Police have set up a command centre near the New Hamburg division of the Royal Canadian Legion to co-ordinate the search.
The boy's name has not been released.
- Russian troops have entered Ukraine, Ukraine president says
- Sunwing Flight 656: Melana Muzikante, Lilia Ratmanski face charges
- Hurricane Cristobal to bring wind, rain to Atlantic Canada
- Back-to-school stress: the warning signs and what to do
- Ebola cases could exceed 20,000, WHO says
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt married
- Murdered aboriginal women: What to know about a national public inquiry
- Hunger makes Quebec Inuit shorter than average: study
- Little Bay Islands in limbo as residents await word on relocation funds
- From Ebola to Syria, UN says more than 100 million people need aid
Sunwing flight en route to Cuba forced to return to Toronto after two disruptive passengers cause a disturbance
Date 55 mins ago, Duration 2:40, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-08-24 3:24
Tooltip Information:Earthquake hits Napa ValleyVideo by:Description: Thousands are left without power after a magnitude 6 earthquake, the strongest to his the region since 1989Rating: 3.14Views: 119805
Date 22 hrs ago 0:30
Tooltip Information:Arizona gun instructor gives fatal Uzi lessonVideo by:Description: Images of the lesson stop just before 9-year-old accidentally shoots himRating: 1Views: 19372