Boy, 5, missing near Nith River in New Hamburg
Emergency crews in Ontario's Waterloo region are scouring the Nith River area of the community of New Hamburg for a missing boy who apparently left his parents' home and headed toward the river.
Neighbours said the boy is five years old.
Rescue workers found footprints leading to a hole in the ice by the river's edge, with no footprints heading back.
Police have set up a command centre near the New Hamburg division of the Royal Canadian Legion to co-ordinate the search.
The boy's name has not been released.
- Gaza conflict: Israel says Palestinian rocket misfire hit al-Shifa hospital
- Addison Hall death: Police to probe car in Costco crash
- Ross Lockwood returns to Earth after 4 months on (simulated) Mars
- Paying off your mortgage faster can pay huge dividends
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Police team turns back from Ukraine crash site
- Nigel Wright, Harper's ex-chief of staff, returns to Onex
- Volvo's new road-sensing safety features go the extra mile
- Aviation safety by the numbers
- Environment Canada to determine if tornado hit Waterloo Region
- Ebola: President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf restricts movements in Liberia
Haiti celebrates the Carnival of Flowers in an explosion of dance, music, costumes and colour. Duration: 00:37
Date 3 hrs ago, Duration 0:36, Views 203
Video by: AFP
Date 3 hrs ago 5:04
Tooltip Information:Damian Warner shatters men's decathlon 100m recordVideo by:Description: The Canadian impresses with a record time in Glasgow.Rating: 4Views: 232
Date 5 hrs ago 4:04
Tooltip Information:Team South Africa defeat powerhouse All Blacks for rugby goldVideo by:Description: Four-time Commonwealth Games champions settle for silver.Rating: 4Views: 184