Boy, 5, missing near Nith River in New Hamburg
Emergency crews in Ontario's Waterloo region are scouring the Nith River area of the community of New Hamburg for a missing boy who apparently left his parents' home and headed toward the river.
Neighbours said the boy is five years old.
Rescue workers found footprints leading to a hole in the ice by the river's edge, with no footprints heading back.
Police have set up a command centre near the New Hamburg division of the Royal Canadian Legion to co-ordinate the search.
The boy's name has not been released.
- New Brunswick election 2014 results: Brian Gallant's Liberals set for transition after win
- Benjamin Netanyahu cautious about interpreting Syrian fighter jet shooting
- UN Climate Summit: 4 things to know about the talks
- Back to school: How parents can fight the fear of math
- How Alexander Sodiqov was freed following espionage charges
- Barack Obama to address expanded airstrikes against ISIS targets in Syria
- Tim Hortons, Burger King merger fallout: U.S. cracks down on tax inversions
- Netflix refuses CRTC demand to hand over subscriber data
- Polaris Music Prize 2014: Tanya Tagaq wins $30K as jury's pick
- Toronto woman arrested at JFK after drugs, guns found, police say
Voting machines go haywire, the outcome may still be in question
Date 53 mins ago, Duration 2:28, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 22 hrs ago 3:00
Tooltip Information:Drinking water contaminated by excreted drugsVideo by:Description: If we are taking it, we are also drinking it: painkillers, blood thinners, hormones, chemotherapy agents, even cocaine and amphetaminesRating: 3.32Views: 23464
Date 14-09-16 2:46
Tooltip Information:Elders watched helplessly while woman beaten to deathVideo by:Description:Rating: 3.55Views: 111204
Date 23 hrs ago 1:44
Tooltip Information:Ottawa blocks Canadian from getting husband out of SyriaVideo by:Description: Woman from Calgary forced to choose: Leave him there or risk her life and stayRating: 3.06Views: 12276