Brendan Maguire’s surprising journey to provincial politics
Nova Scotia MLA Brendan Maguire. CBC
Brendan Maguire, the newly minted Liberal Halifax Atlantic MLA, has taken an unusual path to provincial politics.
Raised by abusive alcoholic parents and abandoned on a shopping centre bench as a child, Maguire was recently elected to the Nova Scotia legislature in a riding known for high unemployment and crime.
Now a politician with an unlikely past, Maguire says he aims to reach out to those battling their own demons and help them find a different path.
Watch the video above to learn more about Maguire’s journey from the CBC’s Stephen Puddicombe.
- Emera CEO Chris Huskilson gets 54% raise
- Loretta Saunders opened Canada's eyes: native group
- Loretta Saunders case: Victoria Henneberry appears in court
- Nova Scotia PR calendar under fire for lack of diversity
- Nova Scotia economy under microscope
- Loretta Saunders case: Halifax police get warrants to arrest couple
- Loretta Saunders slaying should open Canada's eyes: native group
- Loretta Saunders case: Halifax police to arrest accused
- Cape Breton enterprise network under review
- From welfare to cabinet, one woman's journey
Alex Cobb tossed three scoreless innings as the Tampa Bay Rays defeated the Toronto Blue Jays 6-3 on Friday
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 0:47, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-03-06 2:19
Tooltip Information:'I heard a little girl screaming,' says man involved in crashVideo by:Description: Pete Hamstra was involved in the QEII crash and pulled a girl out of her dying dad's van.Rating: 3.92Views: 16577