Canada's changing medical marijuana system
Health Canada is set to turn its medical marijuana policy on its head next spring, when it moves from patient-grown pot to an industry run by large commercial producers.
Doctors and patients are among those opposed to it, but entrepreneurs are rushing to get a piece of what's expected to be a billion dollar business.
CBC's Nick Purdon takes a look at the high stakes for the industry's main players.
- Malaysia Airlines jet search turns up nothing but ocean trash
- George Stroumboulopoulos to host Hockey Night in Canada next season
- Autistic son 'prisoner' in Ottawa hospital
- South Korean trade deal sets up fight between auto, agriculture sectors
- New Boston Marathon security plans released
- Why bitcoin isn't dead yet
- HIV 'cure' for babies tested in Canada
- MP Laurie Hawn announces he's leaving federal politics
- Lev Tahor case: 7 children taken by child services in Ontario
- Sochi Paralympics confronts Russia's attitude towards disabled
David Cameron and Angela Merkel attend the opening of Germany's Information technology fair in Hanover. Duration: 01:04
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 1:03, Views 5
Video by: AFP