Canada's changing medical marijuana system
Health Canada is set to turn its medical marijuana policy on its head next spring, when it moves from patient-grown pot to an industry run by large commercial producers.
Doctors and patients are among those opposed to it, but entrepreneurs are rushing to get a piece of what's expected to be a billion dollar business.
CBC's Nick Purdon takes a look at the high stakes for the industry's main players.
- B.C. teachers' strike: Premier's tweets blaming teachers add fuel to fire
- Eugenie Bouchard succumbs to Makarova, heat at U.S. Open
- Jennifer Lawrence among celebrity victims in leak of nude photos
- Iraq PM pledges to root out ISIS militants
- Tomasz Gladkowski, 39, dies trying to rescue drowning son from Lake Huron
- Devin Scullion defies odds at 18 with aging disease progeria
- Collège de Saint-Ambroise in Jonquière bans homework for a year
- TV viewers snack more during action shows, study finds
- Finance Canada now sees middle-class families in rosy hue
- Gabriel Dion and Saint-Sulpice bar owner make amends
A Hamilton teenager who suffers from a rare genetic condition that causes rapid aging, has celebrated his 18th birthday.
Date 31 mins ago, Duration 1:54, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 3 hrs ago 4:59
Tooltip Information:Labour expert on B.C. teachers' strikeVideo by:Description: John Fryer on the stalled negotiations between B.C. Teachers' Federation and the provinceRating: 4Views: 246
Date 14-08-29 1:59
Tooltip Information:Topless toddler at swimming pool ends in scuffleVideo by:Description: Mother of 3-year-old girl says she was tripped by a lifeguard; complaints filed by and against mother.Rating: 3.19Views: 104513
Date 4 hrs ago 2:07
Tooltip Information:B.C. premier's tweets anger teachersVideo by:Description: Series of tweets from Christy Clark has further inflamed already heated negotiations between the province and teachersRating: 1Views: 260