Canada's changing medical marijuana system
Health Canada is set to turn its medical marijuana policy on its head next spring, when it moves from patient-grown pot to an industry run by large commercial producers.
Doctors and patients are among those opposed to it, but entrepreneurs are rushing to get a piece of what's expected to be a billion dollar business.
CBC's Nick Purdon takes a look at the high stakes for the industry's main players.
- James Foley killing: Obama vows 'relentless' response
- Quebec NDP MP Sana Hassainia defects over Mideast position
- Tina Fontaine, slain teen, struggled with father's beating death
- Ebola crisis: Liberian security forces block slum as unrest grows
- 'Ice Bucket Challenge': Activism or slacktivism?
- Parents opt to keep babies off Facebook
- Michael Brown shooting: Protesters pray outside grand jury site
- Harper North trip to highlight agriculture, Arctic sovereignty
- Mulcair attacks Conservatives over health care, marijuana stance
- Windows version of HTC One smartphone launches
Residents waited at the Donetsk bus station Wednesday as Ukrainian troops pushed on with a bloody offensive to break the insurgency in the east of the ... More Residents waited at the Donetsk bus station Wednesday as Ukrainian troops pushed on with a bloody offensive to break the insurgency in the east of the country. Duration: 00:55
Date 32 mins ago, Duration 0:54, Views 0
Video by: AFP
Date 5 hrs ago 3:54
Tooltip Information:Reaction to American journalist's deathVideo by:Description: U.S. president expected to make a statement today, British PM concerned the ISIS spokesman on the execution video speaks with English accentRating: 3Views: 12244
Date 5 hrs ago 2:04
Tooltip Information:Dinosaur egg excavation could yield rare fossilized babiesVideo by:Description: Paleontologists in Alberta say if a nest belonging to duck-billed dinosaurs is found, it would the first in CanadaRating: 4Views: 1497
Date 14-08-17 2:44
Tooltip Information:Canada's doctors will not endorse anti-pot campaignVideo by:Description: Groups representing Canadian doctors say they will not participate in Harper government's upcoming anti-drug campaignRating: 2.89Views: 27801