Canada's changing medical marijuana system
Health Canada is set to turn its medical marijuana policy on its head next spring, when it moves from patient-grown pot to an industry run by large commercial producers.
Doctors and patients are among those opposed to it, but entrepreneurs are rushing to get a piece of what's expected to be a billion dollar business.
CBC's Nick Purdon takes a look at the high stakes for the industry's main players.
- Rehtaeh Parsons suspect accused of threatening girl's father
- Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 will be found, expert says
- Air Canada apologizes for luggage toss caught on video
- Rob Ford’s 'cranes in the sky' line examined by economists
- 4 new species of 'killer' sponges discovered off Pacific coast
- MERS virus outbreak raising SARS-like concern
- Looking for First Nations love: Indigenous dating life 'complex'
- How dearth of Canadian teams in NHL hockey playoffs will hit local economies
- New Brunswick flood concerns continue
- Mount Everest avalanche: 13th body pulled from snow
Partial human remains are now being analyzed after being found near Winchester, Ont.
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 1:54, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-04-17 1:25
Tooltip Information:McDonald's foreign workers call it 'slavery'Video by:Description: Belizian temporary workers docked more pay for rent in corporate apartment than the cost incurred by McDonald'sRating: 3.68Views: 28049
Date 14-04-16 0:50
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: What happenedVideo by:Description: Early Tuesday morning five people were stabbed to death at a house party hosted by university students. Here's what we know so far about what happenedRating: 3Views: 1536