Canada's changing medical marijuana system
Health Canada is set to turn its medical marijuana policy on its head next spring, when it moves from patient-grown pot to an industry run by large commercial producers.
Doctors and patients are among those opposed to it, but entrepreneurs are rushing to get a piece of what's expected to be a billion dollar business.
CBC's Nick Purdon takes a look at the high stakes for the industry's main players.
- Via Rail train hits derailed CN train near Gananoque
- 'Doug Ford is lying,' Toronto police chief says, threatening lawsuit
- Burlington Skyway closed all weekend as engineers assess damage
- Peter MacKay skipping Canadian Bar Association's annual conference
- Polar bear wins tug of war with Nunavut man over beluga
- Chief's $1M pay 'not reasonable,' Bernard Valcourt says
- Gaza conflict: Obama calls for release of Israeli soldier
- Robert Campbell of Ottawa faces 181 international cyberbullying charges
- Huge waves detected in Arctic waters for 1st time
- TSX, Dow sell off for 2nd straight day
Dutch police heading up the international probe into the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 said Friday that work at the crash site was likely to... More Dutch police heading up the international probe into the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 said Friday that work at the crash site was likely to take 'at least several more weeks.' Duration: 00:36
Date 3 mins ago, Duration 0:36, Views 0
Video by: AFP
Date 14-07-31 2:26
Tooltip Information:George Kobaladze wins weightlifting gold for CanadaVideo by:Description: On his final clean and jerk attempt, Kobaladze sets a Commonwealth record by lifting 229 kg, for a combined total of 400 kg.Rating: 5Views: 2090