Canada's economy expands for 5th straight month
Canada's economy expanded for the fifth month in a row, as gross domestic product was 1.6 per cent higher in May than the same month a year ago.
Statistics Canada reported Wednesday that on a monthly basis, the GDP expanded by 0.2 per cent, just shy of expectations for 0.3 per cent.
Most sectors of the economy expanded, but the service sector showed more growth than the goods-producing industries.
More to come
- Alison Redford flights: opposition politicians want RCMP probe
- Azaria Marthyman, Ebola doctor, returns home to Victoria
- Theodore Van Kirk, last Enola Gay crew member, dead at 93
- NATO's Canadian commander in Libya 'disappointed' with lack of progress
- Jake Gardiner signs 5-year, $20.25M deal with Leafs: reports
- Lord Nelson, wheelchair-accessible tall ship, sails into Halifax
- First Nations divided on new Financial Transparency Act
- Damian Warner wins Commonwealth Games decathlon
- Twitter stock up 30% as company doubles revenue
- Chinese cyberattack hits Canada's National Research Council
The ratcatcher of Peshawar is unpaid but committed to doing his bit to rid the Pakistani city of its infestation of disease-carrying rodents. Duration:... More The ratcatcher of Peshawar is unpaid but committed to doing his bit to rid the Pakistani city of its infestation of disease-carrying rodents. Duration: 02:14
Date 21 mins ago, Duration 2:13, Views 0
Video by: AFP
Date 6 hrs ago 0:30
Tooltip Information:Commonwealth weightlifting gold medallist tests positiveVideo by:Description: 16-year-old Nigerian weightlifter Chika Amalaha has tested positive for banned drugsRating: 3Views: 3829
Date 4 hrs ago 17:38
Tooltip Information:Canada's Ryan Cochrane swims to 2nd Commonwealth goldVideo by:Description: Win the men's 1,500-metre freestyle with a time of 14 minutes 44.03 seconds.Rating: 4Views: 65