Canada's economy expands for 5th straight month
Canada's economy expanded for the fifth month in a row, as gross domestic product was 1.6 per cent higher in May than the same month a year ago.
Statistics Canada reported Wednesday that on a monthly basis, the GDP expanded by 0.2 per cent, just shy of expectations for 0.3 per cent.
Most sectors of the economy expanded, but the service sector showed more growth than the goods-producing industries.
More to come
- James Foley the subject of failed U.S. rescue mission in Syria
- Michael Brown shooting: Eric Holder says he understands mistrust of police
- RCMP look into Calgary link with possible Islamic militants
- Gillian Bennett, suffering with dementia, dies leaving right-to-die plea
- Justin Trudeau says he wants 170 Liberal MPs in the House
- Neanderthals, humans may have coexisted for thousands of years
- Beautiful aurora photos taken from space
- Billy Crystal tabbed to give Robin Williams tribute at Emmys
- Mohamed Yaffa accuses Air Canada of discrimination because he's Muslim
- Canadian ambassador Andrew Bennett says religious freedom 'violated' in China
Canadian loses in straight sets to Samantha Stosur.
Date 4 hrs ago, Duration 1:15, Views 42
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 4 hrs ago 5:44
Tooltip Information:U.S. tried to rescue James FoleyVideo by:Description: Special operations troops were sent to Syria this summer on a secret mission to rescue American hostages, but failed to find themRating: 2Views: 496
Date 17 hrs ago 3:54
Tooltip Information:Reaction to American journalist's deathVideo by:Description: U.S. president expected to make a statement today, British PM concerned the ISIS spokesman on the execution video speaks with English accentRating: 4.88Views: 18248
Date 17 hrs ago 2:04
Tooltip Information:Dinosaur egg excavation could yield rare fossilized babiesVideo by:Description: Paleontologists in Alberta say if a nest belonging to duck-billed dinosaurs is found, it would the first in CanadaRating: 5Views: 4942