Canada's economy expands for 5th straight month
Canada's economy expanded for the fifth month in a row, as gross domestic product was 1.6 per cent higher in May than the same month a year ago.
Statistics Canada reported Wednesday that on a monthly basis, the GDP expanded by 0.2 per cent, just shy of expectations for 0.3 per cent.
Most sectors of the economy expanded, but the service sector showed more growth than the goods-producing industries.
More to come
- South Korea ferry: 4 crew members detained
- Economic Action Plan ad questions dropped from survey
- Boston Marathon begins under tight security 1 year after bombing
- Teen runaway survives flight in plane's wheel well
- Amanda Todd case: Will the accused stand trial in Canada?
- What's open and closed across Canada on Easter Monday
- Everest avalanche: Sherpa guides' remains cremated
- Queen Elizabeth turns 88: A royal diplomat in her 'best decade' yet
- Calgary stabbings: Zackariah Rathwell's family breaks silence
- Ukraine crisis: Joe Biden visiting Ukraine day after violence
Fashion designer Jimmy Choo says he will never give up doing haute couture, amid reports the famous brand bearing his name -- but with which he is no l... More Fashion designer Jimmy Choo says he will never give up doing haute couture, amid reports the famous brand bearing his name -- but with which he is no longer associated -- could be set for a flotation worth $1.7 billion. Duration: 00:38
Date 55 mins ago, Duration 0:38, Views 0
Video by: AFP
Date 21 hrs ago 1:56
Tooltip Information:Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dead at 76Video by:Description: Former professional boxer and long-time advocate for the wrongly convicted died Sunday in TorontoRating: 3.69Views: 19452
Date 18 hrs ago 4:29
Tooltip Information:Canadian author Alistair MacLeod dead at 77Video by:Description: Douglas Gibson, a publisher of MacLeod's works, reflects on the life of his longtime friendRating: 4Views: 324