Canada's economy expands for 5th straight month
Canada's economy expanded for the fifth month in a row, as gross domestic product was 1.6 per cent higher in May than the same month a year ago.
Statistics Canada reported Wednesday that on a monthly basis, the GDP expanded by 0.2 per cent, just shy of expectations for 0.3 per cent.
Most sectors of the economy expanded, but the service sector showed more growth than the goods-producing industries.
More to come
- Canada Post's Deepak Chopra says seniors want exercise from picking up mail
- Orlando the guide dog leaps onto NYC subway tracks to save owner
- Northern Gateway pipeline review to be released Thursday
- Crews hope to have Kingston crane down by Thursday night
- Ex-Bloc MP Maria Mourani says she is no longer a sovereigntist
- Sleep favoured over socializing, poll suggests
- Mark Zuckerberg, banks sued over Facebook IPO
- U.S. Federal Reserve tapers bond-buying to $75B US a month
- Judge won't toss amended Omar Khadr lawsuit, but wants changes
- As local fur demand rises, mysterious drop in Nunavut seal harvest
The two finalists of the presidential election in Madagascar, Jean Louis Robinson and Hery Rajaonarimampianina, held their last rallies Wednesday in An... More The two finalists of the presidential election in Madagascar, Jean Louis Robinson and Hery Rajaonarimampianina, held their last rallies Wednesday in Antananarivo, were thousands of supporters gathered two days before the second round. Duration: 0:51
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 0:50, Views 192
Video by: AFP
Date 4 hrs ago 2:19
Tooltip Information:Damaged crane could collapseVideo by:Description: The Kingston, Ont., crane operator rescued by the military Tuesday is still in hospital, while the damaged crane is in danger of collapsing, Waubgeshig Rice reportsRating: 4Views: 989
Date 13-12-17 9:07
Tooltip Information:Lottery winner shares the wealthVideo by:Description: Bob Erb has written more than 150 cheques in the month since he collected his $25-million lottery prize, Reg Sherren reportsRating: 4.09Views: 31616
Date 3 hrs ago 5:15
Tooltip Information:New blood pressure treatment guidelinesVideo by:Description: New recommendations suggest many older adults with high blood pressure can be treated less aggressively, which could mean taking fewer pillsRating: 2Views: 258