Canada's economy expands for 5th straight month
Canada's economy expanded for the fifth month in a row, as gross domestic product was 1.6 per cent higher in May than the same month a year ago.
Statistics Canada reported Wednesday that on a monthly basis, the GDP expanded by 0.2 per cent, just shy of expectations for 0.3 per cent.
Most sectors of the economy expanded, but the service sector showed more growth than the goods-producing industries.
More to come
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Crash cause coverup likely impossible
- Gaza conflict: Israeli military confirms soldier missing
- 20 Hamilton human trafficking ring members deported
- Omar Khadr case: CBC and other media seek access for interview
- Beef's environmental costs called exceptionally high
- Facebook save feature launched
- Matthew de Grood, Calgary stabbings accused, has court hearing today
- Mike Duffy charged Senate to attend personal funerals, RCMP say
- TIFF 2014: Films, stars at 39th annual event to be unveiled today
- Human trafficking crackdown by feds expected to be announced today
As world powers urged Hamas to accept an Egyptian-brokered ceasefire and stop raining rockets into Israel from the Gaza Strip, a series of Israeli air ... More As world powers urged Hamas to accept an Egyptian-brokered ceasefire and stop raining rockets into Israel from the Gaza Strip, a series of Israeli air strikes early Tuesday killed seven people in Gaza. Duration: 01:11
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 1:11, Views 7
Video by: AFP
Date 14-07-20 2:52
Tooltip Information:21-year-old found dead at music festivalVideo by:Description: Homicide investigators say Regina resident Nick Phongsavath was found dead in his tent Friday.Rating: 3Views: 6257
Date 14-07-21 2:11
Tooltip Information:Eviction notice served to City of VancouverVideo by:Description: First Nation supporters of a homeless camp at Oppenheimer Park say the city can't evict themRating: 3.75Views: 7394