Canada's Olympic flag-bearer to be named in Ottawa
The Canadian Olympic Committee will choose the country's flag-bearer for the 2014 Sochi Olympic Winter Games today in Ottawa.
Watch live here at 10 a.m. ET as the COC reveals the athlete who will lead the Canadian team into Fisht Olympic Stadium for the opening ceremony on Feb. 7.
Clara Hughes was Canada’s opening-ceremony flag-bearer at the last Winter Olympics, held in Vancouver in 2010.
Here's a list of past Canadian flag-bearers.
More to come
- NATO leaders' focus could be split between ISIS and Russia
- Nude celebrity photo leak casts iCloud over Apple launch
- Polar bears: Threatened species or political pawn?
- Steven Sotloff beheading shown in video, ISIS claims
- Donovan Adams arrested in sex attack on 9-year-old Surrey girl
- Justin Bieber faces assault, dangerous driving charges in Ontario
- Polar vortex chills linked to melting sea ice
- Fred Brumwell wanted a Google job so badly, he rented a billboard
- Omar Khadr reattempts to sue Canada for $20M
- Polar bears: Endangered species or political pawn?
International medical agency Medecins Sans Frontieres says the world is 'losing the battle' to contain Ebola and calls for a global biological disaster... More International medical agency Medecins Sans Frontieres says the world is 'losing the battle' to contain Ebola and calls for a global biological disaster response to get aid and personnel to west Africa. Duration: 01:23
Date 33 mins ago, Duration 1:22, Views 0
Video by: AFP
Date 2 hrs ago 2:25
Tooltip Information:Journalist executed by ISIS: reportsVideo by:Description: ISIS has released a video showing what appears to be the beheading of U.S. journalist Steven SotloffRating: 4Views: 498