Canada's Olympic flag-bearer to be named in Ottawa
The Canadian Olympic Committee will choose the country's flag-bearer for the 2014 Sochi Olympic Winter Games today in Ottawa.
Watch live here at 10 a.m. ET as the COC reveals the athlete who will lead the Canadian team into Fisht Olympic Stadium for the opening ceremony on Feb. 7.
Clara Hughes was Canada’s opening-ceremony flag-bearer at the last Winter Olympics, held in Vancouver in 2010.
Here's a list of past Canadian flag-bearers.
More to come
- IOC unconcerned by Pyeongchang building schedule
- Russia to allow gambling in Sochi
- Vancouver organizers wrap up Olympic Games
- Olympic TV channel gains support at IOC meeting
- Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics debt-free, VANOC final report says
- Alberta man sentenced in Olympic ring theft
- Korean Air chief in line to lead Pyeongchang Games
- Man sentenced to year in prison for stealing Olympic ring
- With Lviv out, 3 cities left in race for '22 Games
- Commonwealth Games: Pakistan cleared to compete
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Monday Israelis must be ready for a long military campaign in Gaza during a televised presser with military lead... More Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Monday Israelis must be ready for a long military campaign in Gaza during a televised presser with military leaders. Duration: 00:55
Date 58 mins ago, Duration 0:54, Views 0
Video by: AFP
Date 14-07-28 5:04
Tooltip Information:Damian Warner shatters men's decathlon 100m recordVideo by:Description: The Canadian impresses with a record time in Glasgow.Rating: 4Views: 3231