Canada's Olympic flag-bearer to be named in Ottawa
The Canadian Olympic Committee will choose the country's flag-bearer for the 2014 Sochi Olympic Winter Games today in Ottawa.
Watch live here at 10 a.m. ET as the COC reveals the athlete who will lead the Canadian team into Fisht Olympic Stadium for the opening ceremony on Feb. 7.
Clara Hughes was Canada’s opening-ceremony flag-bearer at the last Winter Olympics, held in Vancouver in 2010.
Here's a list of past Canadian flag-bearers.
More to come
- Sochi Olympics site looks like a ghost town
- CP's Spencer and Hayward win Sports Media Canada awards
- Winter sport institute a training hub
- Pistorius free to compete, SA Olympic body says
- Athletes talk up live events at Pan Am Games ticket launch
- Athletes urge fans to buy Pan Am tickets
- Youth Olympic Games closing ceremony
- Iqaluit, Nuuk sign agreement on 2016 Arctic Winter Games hockey
Xavier Dolan's Mommy is Canada's entry for best foreign-language film
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 3:05, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-09-16 2:46
Tooltip Information:Elders watched helplessly while woman beaten to deathVideo by:Description:Rating: 3.55Views: 52630
Date 14-09-17 2:02
Tooltip Information:33-year-old's mysterious disappearanceVideo by:Description: Family members of Crystal Ratvay made a special plea for information to help them find the Abbotsford womanRating: 2.62Views: 33460
Date 21 hrs ago 1:16
Tooltip Information:Cat escapes from collapsing wreckage of Dauphin hotel (Video by David Katcsma)Video by:Description: David Katcsma of Dauphin, Man., captured this video of a cat running out of the Towers Hotel as the burning building collapsed to the groundRating: 4.42Views: 4249