Canada's Olympic flag-bearer to be named in Ottawa
The Canadian Olympic Committee will choose the country's flag-bearer for the 2014 Sochi Olympic Winter Games today in Ottawa.
Watch live here at 10 a.m. ET as the COC reveals the athlete who will lead the Canadian team into Fisht Olympic Stadium for the opening ceremony on Feb. 7.
Clara Hughes was Canada’s opening-ceremony flag-bearer at the last Winter Olympics, held in Vancouver in 2010.
Here's a list of past Canadian flag-bearers.
More to come
- IOC unconcerned by Pyeongchang building schedule
- Vancouver organizers wrap up Olympic Games
- Olympic TV channel gains support at IOC meeting
- Russia to allow gambling in Sochi
- Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics debt-free, VANOC final report says
- T.J. Oshie struggles with 4-putt at celebrity golf tournament
- With Lviv out, 3 cities left in race for '22 Games
- Olympic TV channel getting support from IOC
- Russia to create post-Olympic gambling zone in Sochi: deputy PM
- Olympic leaders back TV channel, bidding changes
As world powers urged Hamas to accept an Egyptian-brokered ceasefire and stop raining rockets into Israel from the Gaza Strip, a series of Israeli air ... More As world powers urged Hamas to accept an Egyptian-brokered ceasefire and stop raining rockets into Israel from the Gaza Strip, a series of Israeli air strikes early Tuesday killed seven people in Gaza. Duration: 01:11
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 1:11, Views 7
Video by: AFP
Date 14-07-20 2:52
Tooltip Information:21-year-old found dead at music festivalVideo by:Description: Homicide investigators say Regina resident Nick Phongsavath was found dead in his tent Friday.Rating: 3Views: 6257
Date 14-07-21 2:11
Tooltip Information:Eviction notice served to City of VancouverVideo by:Description: First Nation supporters of a homeless camp at Oppenheimer Park say the city can't evict themRating: 3.75Views: 7394