Canada's Olympic flag-bearer to be named in Ottawa
The Canadian Olympic Committee will choose the country's flag-bearer for the 2014 Sochi Olympic Winter Games today in Ottawa.
Watch live here at 10 a.m. ET as the COC reveals the athlete who will lead the Canadian team into Fisht Olympic Stadium for the opening ceremony on Feb. 7.
Clara Hughes was Canada’s opening-ceremony flag-bearer at the last Winter Olympics, held in Vancouver in 2010.
Here's a list of past Canadian flag-bearers.
More to come
- Sochi Olympics attacks were stopped by multiple countries, Russia says
- Humphries hasn't slowed down since Sochi
- Canada's Pound assigned Olympic broadcast role
- Heather Moyse enjoying new pursuits, but not ready to retire
- Olympic champ Bilodeau busy in retirement
- Olympic Hall of Fame inductees unveiled
- IOC official: Slopestyle injuries 'unacceptable'
- Sochi looks like a ghost town one month after the Olympics
- Follow the Sochi pups as they adjust to life in the states
- Ukraine 2022 Olympic bid on hold but still alive
Media workers across Pakistan have held angry protests after a leading journalist was shot and wounded on Saturday.
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 1:21, Views 2
Date 14-04-16 0:50
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: What happenedVideo by:Description: Early Tuesday morning five people were stabbed to death at a house party hosted by university students. Here's what we know so far about what happenedRating: 3.35Views: 6370
Date 2 hrs ago 1:56
Tooltip Information:Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dead at 76Video by:Description: Former professional boxer and long-time advocate for the wrongly convicted died Sunday in TorontoRating: 4Views: 237
Date 2 hrs ago 2:23
Tooltip Information:Ottawa police dealing with racist graffitiVideo by:Description: There have been 30 cases of graffiti popping up in the Westboro and Ottawa River areas.Rating: 4Views: 24