Canadian hid cocaine in fake pregnancy bump, Colombia police say
A Toronto woman has been arrested in Colombia after police say she feigned pregnancy to carry drugs.
Col. Esteban Arias says a 28-year-old woman was stopped while trying to board an Air Canada flight in Bogota after an inspector noted that her belly was unusually cold and hard.
Arias says police discovered a false belly made of latex taped to her body and they found two kilograms of cocaine.
Police say the woman is a social worker and arrived in Colombia on Aug. 6.
The Canadian Embassy in Bogota did not respond to requests for details.
Colombian officials say 874 foreigners are held in the country's lockups, most on drug charges.
- Obesity prevention can start during pregnancy, infancy
- The most shocking post-baby body selfie ever?
- RCMP make Yukon cocaine trafficking arrests
- Mom's exercise during pregnancy gives baby’s brain a boost
- Grandma who ran NY family drug ring gets 15 years
- Kelly Clarkson: 'Pregnancy is horrible'
- Watch out! Unplanned pregnancies increase 50% over holidays
- Bolivia says most of its coca for traditional uses
- Crack cocaine: How addictive is it?
A crash involving two vehicles on Winnipeg's Overdale Street has some wondering why city crews took so long to clear snow from residential streets.
Date 3 hrs ago, Duration 1:21, Views 38
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 8 hrs ago 4:18
Tooltip Information:Canada set up spy posts for U.S.Video by:Description: Top secret documents reveal Canada set up global spying posts and conducted espionage at the request of the U.S. National Security AgencyRating: 4Views: 764
Date 5 hrs ago 2:06
Tooltip Information:Was paid for oral sex, testifies foster sonVideo by:Description: The former foster son of Gary Prokopishin testified in court today as his trial got underway.Rating: 4Views: 179