Canadian hid cocaine in fake pregnancy bump, Colombia police say
A Toronto woman has been arrested in Colombia after police say she feigned pregnancy to carry drugs.
Col. Esteban Arias says a 28-year-old woman was stopped while trying to board an Air Canada flight in Bogota after an inspector noted that her belly was unusually cold and hard.
Arias says police discovered a false belly made of latex taped to her body and they found two kilograms of cocaine.
Police say the woman is a social worker and arrived in Colombia on Aug. 6.
The Canadian Embassy in Bogota did not respond to requests for details.
Colombian officials say 874 foreigners are held in the country's lockups, most on drug charges.
- South Korea ferry captain may have delayed evacuation
- Amanda Todd case: RCMP announce 5 charges against Dutch citizen
- How Toronto Mayor Rob Ford could win again
- Share a juicer, your dog or a room in your home? How the sharing economy took off
- Canada's criticism of Russia 'makes no difference'
- Reconciliation not opportunity to 'get over it': Justice Murray Sinclair
- Matthew de Grood's father: 'Just like you, we struggle to understand what happened'
- South Korea ferry: The 'daunting task' of rescuing survivors
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel-winning author, dead at 87
- Mount Everest avalanche kills 12 Nepalese guides
Sharks too strong for Kings in Game 1.
Date 4 hrs ago, Duration 1:26, Views 9
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 22 hrs ago 1:25
Tooltip Information:McDonald's foreign workers call it 'slavery'Video by:Description: Belizian temporary workers docked more pay for rent in corporate apartment than the cost incurred by McDonald'sRating: 3.75Views: 21271
Date 14-04-17 2:06
Tooltip Information:Student arrested in Heartbleed-related theftVideo by:Description: RCMP have arrested a 19-year-old London, Ont., man in connection with the theft of 900 social insurance numbersRating: 3.6Views: 12321