Canadian Kenya mall attack survivor hid for hours
A Canadian woman is among the more than 1,000 people who survived the weekend mall attack in Nairobi, Kenya.
Joanne Ball-Burgess is a mother of two who moved to Kenya with her husband. She had planned to pop into the Westgate Mall for just a few minutes. Instead, she was there for what felt like a horrifying lifetime as militant gunmen from al-Shabaab, a Somali Islamist extremist group, stormed the mall in attack that left at least 67 people dead.
Ball-Burgess shares her story with CBC's Nahlah Ayed.
- B.C. tour bus crashes on Coquihalla Highway, 56 injured, 6 critically
- Ukraine crisis: Obama rules out military action
- Canada's premiers pose like it's 1864 in Charlottetown
- B.C. teachers' strike: marathon meeting with mediator Vince Ready still underway
- Surrey girl, 9, lured from home and sexually assaulted
- Dramatic video of rescue released by Saskatoon police
- Rob Ford threatened teacher, had students roll in goose dung: documents
- Sunwing Flight 656: Melana Muzikante, Lilia Ratmanski released on bail
- Stephen Fearing wages Twitter war after Air Canada loses guitar
- Lac-Mégantic accused want charges dropped
Dozens of Syrian army soldiers appear to have been killed by Jihadist militants from Islamic State (IS), activists say.
Date 42 mins ago, Duration 2:16, Views 0
Date 14-08-24 3:24
Tooltip Information:Earthquake hits Napa ValleyVideo by:Description: Thousands are left without power after a magnitude 6 earthquake, the strongest to his the region since 1989Rating: 3.14Views: 120570
Date 2 hrs ago 3:06
Tooltip Information:Sunwing Flight 656: 2 women face chargesVideo by:Description: Flight escorted to Toronto by military planes. Police say Melana Muzikante, Lilia Ratmanski made threatening commentsRating: 4Views: 61
Date 14-08-27 0:30
Tooltip Information:Arizona gun instructor gives fatal Uzi lessonVideo by:Description: Images of the lesson stop just before 9-year-old accidentally shoots himRating: 1Views: 19534