Canadian Kenya mall attack survivor hid for hours
A Canadian woman is among the more than 1,000 people who survived the weekend mall attack in Nairobi, Kenya.
Joanne Ball-Burgess is a mother of two who moved to Kenya with her husband. She had planned to pop into the Westgate Mall for just a few minutes. Instead, she was there for what felt like a horrifying lifetime as militant gunmen from al-Shabaab, a Somali Islamist extremist group, stormed the mall in attack that left at least 67 people dead.
Ball-Burgess shares her story with CBC's Nahlah Ayed.
- Calgary stabbing victims identified as students, bandmates
- Calgary stabbings: How knife crime in Canada can cause 'moral panic'
- Matthew de Grood: Who is the Calgary stabbing suspect?
- South Korean ferry sinking leaves 4 dead, almost 300 missing
- John Furlong, CBC host and producer, dead at 63
- NHL faces another lawsuit over head injuries
- Jim Flaherty's family, colleagues gather for state funeral today
- Sherbrooke, Que., flooding forces more than 600 from homes
- Manitoba's 1st courtroom broadcast to air today
- Toronto Hydro Tuesday blackout: no word yet on cause
Britain's Prince William and wife Catherine charm a welcoming crowd at the Sydney Opera House as they begin the Australian leg of a tour Down Under.
Date 11 mins ago, Duration 1:01, Views 0
Video by: AFP
Date 19 hrs ago 1:19
Tooltip Information:RAW: Calf rescued in flood waterVideo by:Description: Video taken from Tammy McLean of a one-month-old calf trying to swim to shore in western New BrunswickRating: 1.5Views: 2311
Date 14 hrs ago 2:36
Tooltip Information:Flooding worsens along Rideau RiverVideo by:Description: In the Kemptville area and in Old Ottawa South, residents worry flood waters will reach their homes.Rating: 1.33Views: 638
Date 22 hrs ago 7:08
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: 5 youths deadVideo by:Description: Neighbour Doug Jones interviewed after 3 declared dead at scene, 2 more later died in hospitalRating: 3.24Views: 30557