Canadian Kenya mall attack survivor hid for hours
A Canadian woman is among the more than 1,000 people who survived the weekend mall attack in Nairobi, Kenya.
Joanne Ball-Burgess is a mother of two who moved to Kenya with her husband. She had planned to pop into the Westgate Mall for just a few minutes. Instead, she was there for what felt like a horrifying lifetime as militant gunmen from al-Shabaab, a Somali Islamist extremist group, stormed the mall in attack that left at least 67 people dead.
Ball-Burgess shares her story with CBC's Nahlah Ayed.
- Gaza conflict: Israel agrees to 12-hour ceasefire
- Ukraine crisis: Russia firing artillery at Ukraine troops, U.S. says
- E-cigarette market on fire while scientists wage heated debate
- Toronto Ford Fest draws big crowd and LGBT protest
- Ali Shahi charged after Sunwing plane makes emergency landing in Toronto
- Vegetarian or flexitarian: How much meat do you really want to give up?
- Canada's defence diplomacy hurt by tight budget, report says
- Air Algerie Flight AH5017 crash: Plane 'disintegrated,' French officials say
- Beverley McLachlin, chief justice, deserves apology from PM, international jurists say
- Air Algerie Flight AH5017: Quebec's Burkina Faso community mourns
Blue Jays lose 17th straight at Yankee stadium.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 2:09, Views 6
Video by: CBC - Top Stories