Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas separate
A spokeswoman for Catherine Zeta-Jones says the actor and her husband, Michael Douglas, "are taking some time apart to evaluate and work on their marriage."
Publicist Cece Yorke said in an email to The Associated Press on Wednesday that there would be no further comment. A phone call to a representative for Douglas wasn't immediately returned.
People magazine, citing unnamed sources, first reported that Zeta-Jones and Douglas had decided to spend time apart.
Zeta-Jones, 43, and Douglas, 68, were married in 2000. They have two children. He battled throat cancer in 2010 and made headlines this summer when he spoke out about one potential cause, oral sex.
- South Korea ferry: 4 crew members detained
- Calgary stabbings: Zackariah Rathwell's family breaks silence
- Ukraine crisis: Russia, Ukraine trade blame for deadly gun attack
- Queen Elizabeth releases grinning portrait for 88th birthday
- Mounties on medical, stress leave fear new dismissal process
- Mount Everest jump cancelled after deadly avalanche
- Malaysia Airlines MH370: Families want proof with financial help
- Pro-marijuana protesters hit Parliament Hill
- Why doesn't Easter have a fixed date?
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dead at 76
The Habs take a commanding 3-0 lead in the series with the win at home.
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 1:47, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14 hrs ago 1:56
Tooltip Information:Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dead at 76Video by:Description: Former professional boxer and long-time advocate for the wrongly convicted died Sunday in TorontoRating: 3.7Views: 18689
Date 14-04-16 0:50
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: What happenedVideo by:Description: Early Tuesday morning five people were stabbed to death at a house party hosted by university students. Here's what we know so far about what happenedRating: 3.1Views: 9718