Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas separate
A spokeswoman for Catherine Zeta-Jones says the actor and her husband, Michael Douglas, "are taking some time apart to evaluate and work on their marriage."
Publicist Cece Yorke said in an email to The Associated Press on Wednesday that there would be no further comment. A phone call to a representative for Douglas wasn't immediately returned.
People magazine, citing unnamed sources, first reported that Zeta-Jones and Douglas had decided to spend time apart.
Zeta-Jones, 43, and Douglas, 68, were married in 2000. They have two children. He battled throat cancer in 2010 and made headlines this summer when he spoke out about one potential cause, oral sex.
- Ukraine crisis: Russian aid convoy drives into Ukraine
- Michael Brown shooting: How lessons from past riots may help Ferguson heal
- Montague homicide victims, suspect not acquainted, say RCMP
- Israel-Gaza conflict: Hamas executes more suspected informers
- Fewer students said to be finding work in federal public service
- Armoured car thieves in Brossard steal close to $400K, 2 guards hurt
- 'Ice Bucket Challenge' goes wrong when 4 firefighters shocked by power line
- Syrian civil war: Death toll more than 190,000: UN
- Israel-Gaza conflict: Hamas kills 11 suspected informers for Israel
- Armoured car thieves in Brossard steal $431K, 2 guards hurt
Heavy rain is delaying a search for more than 50 people believed buried under a landslide on the edge of the Japanese city of Hiroshima.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 1:59, Views 5
Date 8 hrs ago 2:57
Tooltip Information:Lac-Mégantic phone conversationsVideo by:Description: CBC News has obtained recorded conversations between the train engineer and rail company offices the night of the deadly rail disasterRating: 4Views: 1131
Date 22 hrs ago 1:58
Tooltip Information:Dementia victim takes her life after right-to-die pleaVideo by:Description: Gillian Bennett, 84, feared becoming burden on her family after dementia diagnosisRating: 2.63Views: 29489
Date 9 hrs ago 2:54
Tooltip Information:World leaders warn of global threat posed by ISISVideo by:Description: Gruesome killing of American journalist James Foley is galvanizing international anger against ISIS extremistsRating: 4Views: 651