Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas separate
A spokeswoman for Catherine Zeta-Jones says the actor and her husband, Michael Douglas, "are taking some time apart to evaluate and work on their marriage."
Publicist Cece Yorke said in an email to The Associated Press on Wednesday that there would be no further comment. A phone call to a representative for Douglas wasn't immediately returned.
People magazine, citing unnamed sources, first reported that Zeta-Jones and Douglas had decided to spend time apart.
Zeta-Jones, 43, and Douglas, 68, were married in 2000. They have two children. He battled throat cancer in 2010 and made headlines this summer when he spoke out about one potential cause, oral sex.
- Jaime Palm death: 'We'll never forget her and how amazing she was'
- Burlington Skyway crash: Driver charged with impaired driving
- Vancouver Aquarium whale, dolphin breeding program to end
- B.C. chief Ron Giesbrecht's $1M pay 'very troubling,' minister's office says
- Taiwan gas explosions: At least 24 dead, 271 injured
- Israel, Hamas agree to 72-hour ceasefire in Gaza
- Daniel Markel shooting: Investigators release 911 call
- Temporary foreign worker agency Actyl Group sues McDonald's Canada
- Rogers wireless roaming rates discriminatory, CRTC says
- B.C. teachers' strike: parents to get $40 a day if strike continues
Defeats Lleyton Hewitt in straight sets 7-6, 7-6.
Date 30 mins ago, Duration 0:48, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 9 hrs ago 4:54
Tooltip Information:Danielle Lappage wrestles for Canadian goldVideo by:Description: Danielle Lappage defeats India's Geetika Jakhar in the women`s 63kg category final.Rating: 4Views: 406
Date 11 hrs ago 2:26
Tooltip Information:George Kobaladze wins weightlifting gold for CanadaVideo by:Description: On his final clean and jerk attempt, Kobaladze sets a Commonwealth record by lifting 229 kg, for a combined total of 400 kg.Rating: 5Views: 1386