Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas separate
A spokeswoman for Catherine Zeta-Jones says the actor and her husband, Michael Douglas, "are taking some time apart to evaluate and work on their marriage."
Publicist Cece Yorke said in an email to The Associated Press on Wednesday that there would be no further comment. A phone call to a representative for Douglas wasn't immediately returned.
People magazine, citing unnamed sources, first reported that Zeta-Jones and Douglas had decided to spend time apart.
Zeta-Jones, 43, and Douglas, 68, were married in 2000. They have two children. He battled throat cancer in 2010 and made headlines this summer when he spoke out about one potential cause, oral sex.
- New York City buildings collapse: 2 dead, 20 injured
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 search marked by 'confusion'
- Olivia Chow's bid to be Toronto's mayor: 5 key questions
- Canadian military involvement in Afghanistan formally ends
- Deep Earth has oceans' worth of water, $10 diamond reveals
- Neil Young's Pono player soars past $800K Kickstarter goal
- Liberal rules may clear path for star candidate Andrew Leslie
- Sochi Paralympics: Corporate sponsorship the ‘last barrier’ for athletes
- Mysterious Windsor Hum gets Ottawa review
- Feta, parmesan, Gorgonzola cheese names prompt U.S.-Europe trade stink
Mayor Gregor Robertson and Susan Tatoosh started at midnight
Date 51 mins ago, Duration 2:59, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-03-11 3:11
Tooltip Information:Barack Obama spars with Zach Galifianakis over health careVideo by:Description: U.S. president gets the 'Between Two Ferns' treatmentRating: 4.51Views: 1027620
Date 15 hrs ago 1:25
Tooltip Information:Roof of Winnipeg woman's garage collapses under weight of snowVideo by:Description: A Winnipeg homeowner is urging others to clear snow from the roofs of their homes, after the roof of her garage collapsed under the weight of snow.Rating: 3.5Views: 3878