Chicago park shooting wounds 12, including 3-year-old
Chicago police reported that several people were shot Thursday night in the city's Back of the Yards neighbourhood. Google Maps
Chicago police say 12 people, including a three-year-old, were injured when someone opened fire on people in a park on the city's southwest side.
Chicago Fire Department officials said the child was in critical condition.
Two other victims were also in critical condition. The others were reported in serious to fair condition.
Officer Amina Greer said the shooting occurred shortly after 10 p.m. Thursday at a park in the city's Back of the Yards neighbourhood.
Julian Harris told the Chicago Sun-Times men fired at him from a grey sedan before turning toward Cornell Square Park and firing at people in the area. He said his three-year-old nephew was wounded in the cheek.
Police spokesman Ron Gaines says victims are being interviewed. No one is in custody.
- Gaza crisis: Violence continues despite Egyptian call for ceasefire
- Iceland volcano: Bardarbunga eruption begins
- Lev Tahor, ultra-Orthodox Jewish sect, quietly moves to Guatemala
- Tina Fontaine’s family prepares for slain teen's funeral on Saturday
- Indian status: 5 things you need to know
- ISIS atrocities in Iraq: What's Canada's next move?
- Kevin Love trade: Andrew Wiggins rare No. 1 pick
- Wynne slams Harper over missing, murdered aboriginal women comments
- Russian aid convoy leaves Ukraine
- Alberta's cloud-seeding pilots see 2nd busiest year in 20 years
Man in life-threatening condition after electric shock
Date 38 mins ago, Duration 1:00, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 22 hrs ago 2:12
Tooltip Information:Hiker rescued days after fleeing bear in treeVideo by:Description: Julien Landry in stable condition in a Kelowna, B.C., hospital after concussion, injured and alone in the forest after a wild encounterRating: 3.18Views: 22518
Date 1 hr ago 1:50
Tooltip Information:Lotus restaurant fined for food poisoningVideo by:Description: Ottawa Public Health fined a Barrhaven Chinese restaurant after 44 people got sick from food.Rating: 4Views: 0