Chicago park shooting wounds 12, including 3-year-old
Chicago police reported that several people were shot Thursday night in the city's Back of the Yards neighbourhood. Google Maps
Chicago police say 12 people, including a three-year-old, were injured when someone opened fire on people in a park on the city's southwest side.
Chicago Fire Department officials said the child was in critical condition.
Two other victims were also in critical condition. The others were reported in serious to fair condition.
Officer Amina Greer said the shooting occurred shortly after 10 p.m. Thursday at a park in the city's Back of the Yards neighbourhood.
Julian Harris told the Chicago Sun-Times men fired at him from a grey sedan before turning toward Cornell Square Park and firing at people in the area. He said his three-year-old nephew was wounded in the cheek.
Police spokesman Ron Gaines says victims are being interviewed. No one is in custody.
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Crash cause coverup likely impossible
- TIFF 2014: Films, stars at 39th annual event to be unveiled today
- Omar Khadr case: CBC and other media seek access for interview
- Beef's environmental costs called exceptionally high
- Detroit bankruptcy: Retirees vote in favour of pension cuts
- Mike Duffy charged Senate to attend personal funerals, RCMP say
- Grizzly bear 'highway' uncovered in B.C. rainforest
- Indonesia election: Joko Widodo wins narrow victory
- The International 4: DOTA 2 winners Team Newbee crowned
- Indonesia election: Prabowo Subianto loses, angrily rejects process
Indonesia's next president faces challenges including cutting the country's controversial fuel subsidies.
Date 3 hrs ago, Duration 1:03, Views 51
Date 14-07-21 2:11
Tooltip Information:Eviction notice served to City of VancouverVideo by:Description: First Nation supporters of a homeless camp at Oppenheimer Park say the city can't evict themRating: 3.75Views: 7191
Date 14-07-20 2:52
Tooltip Information:21-year-old found dead at music festivalVideo by:Description: Homicide investigators say Regina resident Nick Phongsavath was found dead in his tent Friday.Rating: 3Views: 6065