Chicago park shooting wounds 12, including 3-year-old
Chicago police reported that several people were shot Thursday night in the city's Back of the Yards neighbourhood. Google Maps
Chicago police say 12 people, including a three-year-old, were injured when someone opened fire on people in a park on the city's southwest side.
Chicago Fire Department officials said the child was in critical condition.
Two other victims were also in critical condition. The others were reported in serious to fair condition.
Officer Amina Greer said the shooting occurred shortly after 10 p.m. Thursday at a park in the city's Back of the Yards neighbourhood.
Julian Harris told the Chicago Sun-Times men fired at him from a grey sedan before turning toward Cornell Square Park and firing at people in the area. He said his three-year-old nephew was wounded in the cheek.
Police spokesman Ron Gaines says victims are being interviewed. No one is in custody.
- Malaysia Airlines jet missing, 2 Canadians among 239 on board
- Shipbuilding memo shows more delays, cost overruns
- Condom piercer loses Supreme Court appeal
- Former Mountie charged with 8 sex assaults against youths
- Inability to enjoy music recognized as a brain condition
- Transgender woman's jail treatment prompts complaints
- Elderly dementia patient slips hospital, takes cab 80 km
- Disabled RCMP vets strike benefits deal with Ottawa
- Air Canada may hike fares, fees due to low dollar
- University of Ottawa prof decries administration 'gutlessness'
An internal government memo confirms that all of Canada's shipbuilding programs are either over budget, behind schedule, or both
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 3:09, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-03-06 2:19
Tooltip Information:'I heard a little girl screaming,' says man involved in crashVideo by:Description: Pete Hamstra was involved in the QEII crash and pulled a girl out of her dying dad's van.Rating: 3.92Views: 16187