Chicago park shooting wounds 12, including 3-year-old
Chicago police reported that several people were shot Thursday night in the city's Back of the Yards neighbourhood. Google Maps
Chicago police say 12 people, including a three-year-old, were injured when someone opened fire on people in a park on the city's southwest side.
Chicago Fire Department officials said the child was in critical condition.
Two other victims were also in critical condition. The others were reported in serious to fair condition.
Officer Amina Greer said the shooting occurred shortly after 10 p.m. Thursday at a park in the city's Back of the Yards neighbourhood.
Julian Harris told the Chicago Sun-Times men fired at him from a grey sedan before turning toward Cornell Square Park and firing at people in the area. He said his three-year-old nephew was wounded in the cheek.
Police spokesman Ron Gaines says victims are being interviewed. No one is in custody.
- Air Canada to consider firing workers in baggage toss video
- Calgary stabbings: victims' families come together to heal
- Rehtaeh Parsons suspect accused of threatening girl's father
- Woman dies after dad hits her trying to park near Ottawa hospital
- Raptors drop playoff opener to Nets
- Aggressive raccoon attacks puppy in Vancouver's West End
- Dog thief caught on camera at Vancouver tattoo parlour
- MERS virus outbreak raising SARS-like concern
- Mount Everest avalanche highlights risk Sherpas face
- Rob Ford’s 'cranes in the sky' line examined by economists
Malaysia's acting transport minister says search for missing airliner has entered a crucial phase, Andrew Lee reports
Date 48 mins ago, Duration 1:40, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-04-16 0:50
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: What happenedVideo by:Description: Early Tuesday morning five people were stabbed to death at a house party hosted by university students. Here's what we know so far about what happenedRating: 3Views: 1918
Date 2 hrs ago 3:13
Tooltip Information:Ferry captain tries to explain tragedyVideo by:Description: Lee Joon-seok says he couldn't give order to evacuate ship because he feared people would have been swept out to sea; divers still searching for up to 270 missing peopleRating: 4Views: 0