Coca-Cola apologizes for offensive bottle cap message
An Edmonton woman who found the words 'you retard' under a bottle cap received an apology from Coca Cola. The words were part of a promotion randomly pairing English and French words. "Retard" means late in French. Facebook
Soft drink giant Coca-Cola is apologizing after an Edmonton woman found the words "You Retard" inscribed inside a cap on a bottle of Vitamin Water recently.
"Very, very unfortunate that this happened," said spokesperson Shannon Denny. "We apologize to our consumers for this."
The words are part of a promotion for Vitamin Water where random French and English words are printed on the caps, she said.
"Retard" is a French word meaning late.
"The chances were so slim through this random process," said Denny adding that not anticipating the potential word pairings was a mistake.
"The promotion has been cancelled," Denny said. "We are stopping production of all of the bottles using those caps with words. And any caps we have within our inventory are being destroyed."
- Mohamed Fahmy: Egypt's president won't interfere with courts in Canadian's case
- Rob Anders a no-show as he loses nomination in Bow River
- Canadian soldiers may be hiding health problems to protect pensions
- Secret Service boosts White House security after fence-jumper made it inside
- Tropical Storm Fung-Wong moves north, leaves 5 dead in Philippines
- Doug Ford officially launches his mayoral campaign
- Ebola outbreak: Burial team attacked in Sierra Leone amid 3-day lockdown
- ISIS takes over Syria Kurdish villages as thousands flee to Turkey
- Jean Chrétien says Canada is all in on Iraq mission
- Onslow man, 19, facing attempted murder charge
Doug Ford officially kicked off his mayoral campaign with an afternoon of door-knocking in Etobicoke.
Date 4 hrs ago, Duration 3:37, Views 128
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-09-16 2:46
Tooltip Information:Elders watched helplessly while woman beaten to deathVideo by:Description:Rating: 3.71Views: 82904
Date 14-09-18 2:20
Tooltip Information:Homeowner seeks repayment for construction damagesVideo by:Description: Bill Shotyk says the company working on a home next door to his is refusing for pay for damage to his property.Rating: 2.71Views: 4614
Date 4 hrs ago 3:37
Tooltip Information:Doug Ford kicks off campaign in EtobicokeVideo by:Description: Doug Ford officially kicked off his mayoral campaign with an afternoon of door-knocking in Etobicoke.Rating: 4Views: 128