Cocaine-filled lighter found on Renfrew 4-year-old
An eastern Ontario man has been charged after a four-year-old child showed up at school with a lighter full of cocaine, police say.
Ontario Provincial Police in Renfrew, Ont., west of Ottawa, say the child had what appeared to be a lighter.
Police were called and they discovered it was actually used to conceal cocaine.
A 21-year-old relative of the child, who is from Renfrew, admitted the cocaine belonged to him, police said.
He has been charged with drug possession and was released on a promise to appear in court on Nov. 13.
The accused’s name has been withheld to protect the identity of the child, police added.
- Ebola virus: What you need to know to protect yourself
- Andrew Leduc hit-and-run death: Civilian RCMP contractor cleared of wrongdoing
- Gaza conflict: At least 15 dead after tank shells hit UN school
- Calgary murder home's MLS listing reveals challenges of 'stigmatized' real estate
- Longueuil couple gets threatening letter for flying gay pride flag
- Canada, U.S. name panel to oversee new $1B Detroit-Windsor bridge
- Plane crashes are more survivable than ever
- Ukraine official says rebels place mines near MH17 crash site
- Alison Redford flights: opposition politicians want RCMP probe
- Motorcyclist caught doing 185 km/h faces $3.5K fine
The University of California, Los Angeles, is hit by flooding because of a burst water main on Sunset Boulevard. Duration: 00:48
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 0:48, Views 0
Video by: AFP
Date 19 hrs ago 0:30
Tooltip Information:Commonwealth weightlifting gold medallist tests positiveVideo by:Description: 16-year-old Nigerian weightlifter Chika Amalaha has tested positive for banned drugsRating: 3Views: 6894