Costco recalls beef over E. coli concerns in Western Canada
Food inspectors are warning people that certain Kirkland Signature organic lean ground beef purchased at Costco may be contaminated with E. coli bacteria.
- Canadians 'need to know' about mechanically tenderized meat
- IN DEPTH | Understanding E. coli: symptoms, spread, prevention
- Safety experts want Canadians to rethink how to cook meat
Costco is voluntarily recalling the ground beef with the UPC code 4 00000 91873 0 and expiration date of Oct. 13.
The product was sold in stores in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency says there have been no illnesses reported and that the agency is monitoring the recall.
Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of at least 71 C to help prevent exposure to E. coli.
- Ukraine crisis: Russia, Ukraine trade blame for deadly gun attack
- Mounties on medical, stress leave fear new dismissal process
- Queen Elizabeth II releases grinning portrait for 88th birthday
- Why doesn't Easter have a fixed date?
- Pro-marijuana protesters hit Parliament Hill
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dead at 76
- Alistair MacLeod, acclaimed Canadian writer, dead at 77
- Ottawa toddler fights for his life after TV falls on him
- Bear gets head stuck in plastic jar in Greater Sudbury
- Space agency boss Walt Natynczyk says militarization not his goal
Russia has expressed outrage after at least three people were killed at a pro-Russian checkpoint in eastern Ukraine.
Date 33 mins ago, Duration 1:50, Views 0
Date 4 hrs ago 1:56
Tooltip Information:Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dead at 76Video by:Description: Former professional boxer and long-time advocate for the wrongly convicted died Sunday in TorontoRating: 3.44Views: 3868
Date 14-04-16 0:50
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: What happenedVideo by:Description: Early Tuesday morning five people were stabbed to death at a house party hosted by university students. Here's what we know so far about what happenedRating: 3.35Views: 7445
Date 3 hrs ago 1:18
Tooltip Information:Toddler's grandma speaks after TV falls on boyVideo by:Description: Frances Barbe says her grandson was reaching while everyone else was asleep.Rating: 4Views: 203