David Huynh ID'd as man who fell to his death from Stanley Park's Prospect Point
David Huynh, 22, died after falling 70 metres from Prospect Point in Stanley Park on Saturday. Facebook
A young UBC student has been identified as the man who fell to his death from one of Stanley Park's most popular viewpoints.
The B.C. Coroners Service says Mai David Huy Huynh, 22, was with a group of friends at Prospect Point, the highest point in the park, in the late afternoon Saturday.
At some point, his friends noticed he was missing.
Shortly after 6 p.m. PT, his body was found 70 metres below, on the seawall.
Huynh, who was from Abbotsford, was a commerce student enrolled in the Sauder School of Business at the University of British Columbia.
A statement posted to the UBC Commerce Undergraduate Society's Facebook page describes him as an "incredible young man" known for his generous, optimistic and outgoing nature.
"David’s passion and positive outlook impacted and inspired countless peers," it says.
The B.C. Coroners Service and the Vancouver Police Department are investigating his death.
- B.C. teachers' strike: BCTF recommends accepting 6-year deal
- Boeing, SpaceX to provide new ride to International Space Station
- iOS 8: 8 new things
- Cody Legebokoff sentenced to life on 4 counts of 1st-degree murder
- Ebola outbreak 'spiralling out of control': Barack Obama
- Orioles defeat Blue Jays, win AL East title
- MPs debate mission of Canadian advisers in Iraq
- N.L. mom reunited with Alberta son she thought was dead
- Ray Rice's indefinite suspension appealed by NFLPA
- John Baird announces more sanctions against Russia
A heated 8th inning between Tampa Bay and NY Yankees.
Date 54 mins ago, Duration 3:02, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 23 hrs ago 2:46
Tooltip Information:Elders watched helplessly while woman beaten to deathVideo by:Description:Rating: 3.4Views: 10085
Date 8 hrs ago 3:26
Tooltip Information:Andrew Allan meets birth mother Marion CoombsVideo by:Description: Andrew Allan tracked down Marion Coombs who was told he was dead after he was born and she had wanted to put him up for adoptionRating: 3.33Views: 3009