Dennis Cheeseman, convicted in RCMP slayings, being released
Dennis Cheeseman pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the deaths of four RCMP constables in Mayerthorpe, Alta. He is now seeking full parole. Ian Jackson/Canadian Press
Dennis Cheeseman, one of two men convicted of manslaughter in the killing of four RCMP officers near Mayerthorpe, Alta., in 2005, is being released from prison.
Cheeseman was sentenced to 7 years, 2 months and 15 days. He was eligible for statutory release on Nov. 19 after serving two-thirds of his sentence
Cheeseman and his brother-in-law Shawn Hennessey were convicted of giving James Roszko a gun and a ride to the farm where the officers were killed.
Colleen Myrol, the mother of slain Const. Brock Myrol, says she wants Cheeseman to tell her exactly what happened.
“I want to know how involved he was with Roszko and with Hennessey,” she said. “I just want him to sit back and sit with me and talk to me truthfully about everything and not with a lawyer’s attitude.”
The RCMP had little to say about Cheeseman’s release beyond stating that the legal process was over.
- Malaysia Airlines flight direction unclear to Malaysian authorities
- Olivia Chow to resign as MP, launch Toronto mayoral bid
- Avalanche in B.C.'s Kootenay region kills male snowmobiler
- RCMP costs soared after Greenpeace Parliament protest
- Pauline Marois says independent Quebec would have no borders or tolls
- Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan: a video timeline
- 10 myths about taxes that mislead Canadians
- UFO sightings soar to new heights in Canada
- Climate likely fuelled Genghis Khan's conquests
- Alberta legislature too disrespectful for school visits
Oilers erase 3-goal deficit to beat Wild in shootout.
Date 44 mins ago, Duration 1:09, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 12 hrs ago 3:11
Tooltip Information:Barack Obama spars with Zach Galifianakis over health careVideo by:Description: U.S. president gets the 'Between Two Ferns' treatmentRating: 3.3Views: 997483
Date 14-03-11 1:02
Tooltip Information:NBA: Toronto 97 at Brooklyn 101Video by:Description: Deron Williams and Shaun Livingston each scored 18 points and an ailing Pierce hit a key late 3-pointer to lead the Brooklyn Nets to a 101-97 victory over the Atlantic Division-leading Toronto Raptors.Rating: 2.5Views: 909202
Date 9 hrs ago 2:39
Tooltip Information:Hearing Voices workshop gives insight into schizophreniaVideo by:Description: Demand is growing in Winnipeg for a workshop that helps people understand what it's like to live with a mental illness like schizophrenia.Rating: 4Views: 472