Estranged husband missing after house fire, alleged attack on family
A house fire gutted a home in Langley, B.C. in the early hours of Wednesday morning. CBC
The RCMP is investigating an apparent attempted murder and arson in the Willowbrook area of Langley, B.C., early this morning.
A woman and her two children escaped the fire that gutted their home in the 19600 block of Wakefield Drive just after 1 a.m. PT.
Police say the woman's estranged husband, a 44-year-old Langley man, broke into the home and set the fire before going into his wife's bedroom and assaulting her with a weapon.
The daughter ran to help her mother, and was also struck with the weapon.
The mother, daughter and son all ran from the house before it became engulfed in flames.
Police say they don't know where the assailant went.
Fire crews did a preliminary search of the burnt home, but won't be able to complete a full search until the structure cools.
Police say the suspect is known to them "for previous domestic violence occurrences."
Google Map: 19600 Wakefield Drive, Langley
- Don Frigo shooting: Boris Panovski arrested, charged with murder
- Ottawa blocks Canadian from getting Syrian husband out of danger
- Downsizing: When hitting the road hurts like hell
- New Brunswick election 2014: Voters head to the polls today
- ISIS audio urges attacks on 'unbelievers' in Canada
- High winds in Nova Scotia leave 50,000 in the dark
- Justin Trudeau's abortion policy keeps people talking
- Unpaid academic internships called exploitation by students
- No word on when Mayor Rob Ford will exit hospital
- Policing costs continue to climb despite falling crime: study
Jonathan Galgay speaks with the CBC's Mark Quinn
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 1:43, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-09-16 2:46
Tooltip Information:Elders watched helplessly while woman beaten to deathVideo by:Description:Rating: 3.72Views: 96804
Date 14-09-18 2:20
Tooltip Information:Homeowner seeks repayment for construction damagesVideo by:Description: Bill Shotyk says the company working on a home next door to his is refusing for pay for damage to his property.Rating: 2.84Views: 11486
Date 21 hrs ago 1:33
Tooltip Information:Scotland minister says voters were 'misled and tricked'Video by:Description: Alex Salmond, Scotland's first minister, weighed in on the issue just days after the Yes side was defeatedRating: 5Views: 1345
Date 17 hrs ago 4:21
Tooltip Information:World climate change ralliesVideo by:Description: CBC's Paul Hunter reports from NYC, where organizers say at least 100,000 people are taking part in a march through ManhattanRating: 2.65Views: 5240