The federal government is promising $60 million to help with rebuilding Lac-Mégantic.
Of the $60 million, $25 million will go to supplement the province of Quebec's $60-million contribution to the town rocked by the July 6 train disaster.
The other $35 million is earmarked for helping Lac-Mégantic recover economically.
The province pledged $60 million to the town earlier this month; that brings the combined total of provincial and federal aid to $120 million.
Christian Paradis, MP for the riding of Mégantic-L'Érable and the minister of International Development, was in Lac-Mégantic to announce the federal aid.
Lac-Mégantic Mayor Colette Roy-Laroche thanked the federal government for its contribution, but said it wouldn’t be enough.
“We predict the cost of rebuilding the downtown and the cost of rehabilitation will surpass the amount of money given,” she said.
But Prime Minister Stephen Harper promised he'd be there for us, she added, alluding to possible further aid in the future.
Crews looking for 5 still missing
Earlier Monday afternoon, the Sûreté du Québec and the coroner's office said no more bodies had been recovered, but that six of the ones already found have been identified.
That brings the number of victims identified to 28. The SQ believes 47 people died in the train explosion.
Late on Monday, the Quebec environment ministry said the train was carrying a total of 7.2 million litres of light crude oil when it derailed and exploded in the centre of town.
The ministry said 43 tanker cars have been moved and emptied. It estimates that about 5.7 million litres of the oil have spilled into the environment, affecting the air, water and soil.
Clean-up operations are still underway in Lac-Mégantic.