Gastown Grand Prix Lamborghini clips woman at bike race
The woman was hit by the pace car as she appeared to run out to cross the course during the finish of the women's race at the Gastown Grand Prix on Wednesday night in downtown Vancouver. Corey Coates/Facebook
A woman, who was clipped by a Lamborghini pace car during the finish of the women's event at the Gastown Grand Prix cycling race on Wednesday night in downtown Vancouver, has been released from hospital.
The woman, who was a race official, appeared to be unaware of the car coming up rapidly behind her as she ran out to apparently cross the race course.
Volunteer race commissionaire Gloria Bordon was taken away in an ambulance with minor injuries. The car's mirror was knocked off the vehicle's passenger side.
On Thursday race officials confirmed she had been released from hospital and was resting.
The Gastown Grand Prix is one of nine bike races that make up B.C. Superweek, a 10-day series of pro and amateur cycling events currently underway around Metro Vancouver.
- Gaza crisis: Violence continues despite Egyptian call for ceasefire
- Iceland volcano: Bardarbunga eruption begins
- Lev Tahor, ultra-Orthodox Jewish sect, quietly moves to Guatemala
- Tina Fontaine’s family prepares for slain teen's funeral on Saturday
- Indian status: 5 things you need to know
- ISIS atrocities in Iraq: What's Canada's next move?
- Kevin Love trade: Andrew Wiggins rare No. 1 pick
- Wynne slams Harper over missing, murdered aboriginal women comments
- Russian aid convoy leaves Ukraine
- Alberta's cloud-seeding pilots see 2nd busiest year in 20 years
Man in life-threatening condition after electric shock
Date 38 mins ago, Duration 1:00, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 22 hrs ago 2:12
Tooltip Information:Hiker rescued days after fleeing bear in treeVideo by:Description: Julien Landry in stable condition in a Kelowna, B.C., hospital after concussion, injured and alone in the forest after a wild encounterRating: 3.18Views: 22518
Date 1 hr ago 1:50
Tooltip Information:Lotus restaurant fined for food poisoningVideo by:Description: Ottawa Public Health fined a Barrhaven Chinese restaurant after 44 people got sick from food.Rating: 4Views: 0