Girl, 2, survives fall from car on Toronto highway ramp
A driver is facing charges after a two-year-old girl fell out of a moving vehicle on Tuesday night while she was strapped in her child seat.
Police say the girl managed to open the door as the vehicle was driving from Lawrence Avenue East onto the Don Valley Parkway.
The child seat tumbled out of the car because it wasn't properly installed, police say. She was taken to hospital with minor injuries.
Police have not said what charges the driver will face.
- Gaza conflict: Israel calls up 16,000 more reserves
- Fire in the sky: 'Apocalyptic' thunderstorm rolls into Yellowknife
- Winnipeg armed standoff resolved, police give no further details
- Girl, 15, dies after accident on Bradford soccer field
- Breast cancer drug's effectiveness improved by sleeping in dark
- Whales in captivity: What scientists say
- Summer anomaly brings chilly days to residents between sweltering coasts
- Mr. Big stings: Supreme Court to rule on admissibility of evidence
- Toronto police Chief Bill Blair's contract won't be renewed
- Police exchange gunfire with man in Stella Avenue standoff
Ballet dancers from the Paris Opera company give a master class to children in Fukushima, a town still reeling from the 2011 tsunami and nuclear disast... More Ballet dancers from the Paris Opera company give a master class to children in Fukushima, a town still reeling from the 2011 tsunami and nuclear disaster. Duration: 02:19
Date 5 hrs ago, Duration 2:19, Views 53
Video by: AFP
Date 7 hrs ago 11:26
Tooltip Information:Canada's Arjun Gill wins gold in wrestling - freestyle 97kgVideo by:Description: Watch the Canadian win the gold.Rating: 4Views: 94