'Glee' star Cory Monteith found dead in hotel room in Vancouver, British Columbia
Actor Cory Monteith arrives at the "Do Something Awards" in Santa Monica, Calif., on Aug 19.
Actor Cory Monteith, a star in the television series "Glee," was found dead in a hotel room in Vancouver, British Columbia, police said late Saturday.
Monteith, 31, was found shortly after noon at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel in downtown Vancouver, said Doug LePard, acting chief of Vancouver police.
LePard said Monteith checked into the room July 6 and was due to check out Saturday. When he missed his checkout time, staff went to the room and found his body.
LePard said that police believe Monteith had been with other people in his room on Friday night but that video and key fob entries showed he returned to his room alone early Saturday.
Police did not indicate a cause of death. An autopsy was scheduled for Monday. LePard said family members had been notified.
Monteith had dealt with substance abuse in the past. This spring, he checked into a treatment center for an addiction problem.
Monteith played the character Finn on the popular Fox television series.
- Andrew Leduc hit-and-run death: Civilian RCMP contractor cleared of wrongdoing
- Gaza conflict: At least 15 dead after tank shells hit UN school
- UCLA campus floods after burst water pipe spills 30 million litres
- Calgary murder home's MLS listing reveals challenges of 'stigmatized' real estate
- Ebola outbreak: U.K. holds crisis meeting, warns of threat
- Plane crashes are more survivable than ever
- Commonwealth Games: Day 7 from Glasgow
- Ukraine official says rebels place mines near MH17 crash site
- Alison Redford flights: opposition politicians want RCMP probe
- Sammy Yatim shooting: Const. James Forcillo to face added charge
Nitin Srivastava reports from the barricaded town of Saharanpur where the situation remains tense.
Date 55 mins ago, Duration 1:38, Views 2
Date 19 hrs ago 0:30
Tooltip Information:Commonwealth weightlifting gold medallist tests positiveVideo by:Description: 16-year-old Nigerian weightlifter Chika Amalaha has tested positive for banned drugsRating: 3Views: 6814