Glider plane crashes into building in Langley, B.C.
An air cadet has been injured after crashing a glider onto the top of a commercial building in Langley, B.C., east of Vancouver.
The plane crashed in a residential area, at the intersection of 208th Street and 56th Street.
Bill Yearwood, a Transportation Safety Board spokesperson, said the cadet was on a training exercise.
"We understand that this cadet in the glider lost track of the airport and did a forced landing," he said.
"Unfortunately, he ended up on the building and our information at this time is that his injuries appear to be minor."
The Transportation Safety Board is leading the investigation into the crash.
Emergency crews remain at the scene, including the Langley city fire department, as they try to remove the glider.
- Calgary stabbing victims identified
- 4 hurt in stabbings at Regina mall, youth in custody
- Nigel Wright won't face charges over $90K payment to Mike Duffy
- Matthew de Grood charged in Calgary's worst mass murder
- Toronto blackout: Full power restored, says Hydro One
- Matthew de Grood: Who is the Calgary stabbing suspect?
- Government document retrieving websites risky: business bureau
- Calgary stabbing: Students gather at University of Calgary to mourn victims
- Paul Walker’s brothers to help finish Fast and Furious 7 movie
- Syria torture photos stun UN Security Council
Oilers top Canadian team at No. 3.
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 0:43, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 13 hrs ago 7:08
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: 5 youths deadVideo by:Description: Neighbour Doug Jones interviewed after 3 declared dead at scene, 2 more later died in hospitalRating: 3.35Views: 28362
Date 5 hrs ago 1:57
Tooltip Information:Scam email touts big refunds from Canada Revenue AgencyVideo by:Description: Manitobans are being warned about a scam email claiming to be from Revenue Canada. CBC's Meagan Fiddler reports.Rating: 5Views: 327
Date 4 hrs ago 2:24
Tooltip Information:Victims of Calgary stabbingsVideo by:Description: We are learning more about some of the victims of Tuesday's mass stabbing in Calgary, Briar Stewart reportsRating: 4Views: 154