Guyana plane crash: Canadian pilot, 1 other feared dead
Two people are feared dead after a small plane crashed in the South American country of Guyana.
Civil Aviation Chief Zulfikar Mohamed says Canadian pilot Blake Slater and another person were aboard the single-engine Cessna Caravan when it crashed Saturday in the heavily forested Mazaruni area in western Guyana. He said the plane belonged to domestic operator Trans Guyana Airways and was en route to pick up fuel and other cargo.
It was not immediately clear what led to the crash.
It is the second plane crash in a week to occur in Guyana. A smaller Cessna 206 crashed shortly after takeoff on Jan. 11, injuring three people.
- TSB to release final report on Resolute plane crash
- Small commercial plane down in SW Alaska
- Resolute plane crash had complex cause
- TSB releases final report on Resolute plane crash
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: new objects seen, but still no evidence of jet
- Cause of fatal Calabogie-area plane crash still unknown: report
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Planes renew search attempt
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: search focuses on 3 coloured objects
- Families react to news about MH370
- Search for jet finds nothing; stopped by weather
Ukraine has said it will launch an investigation into a fatal attack in the east of the country, which has further increased tensions between Kiev and ... More Ukraine has said it will launch an investigation into a fatal attack in the east of the country, which has further increased tensions between Kiev and Moscow.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 1:34, Views 23
Date 19 hrs ago 1:56
Tooltip Information:Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dead at 76Video by:Description: Former professional boxer and long-time advocate for the wrongly convicted died Sunday in TorontoRating: 3.69Views: 19245
Date 10 hrs ago 4:12
Tooltip Information:Ron and Don: Praise for Brendan GallagherVideo by:Description: Don talks about the toughness and impressive play of Canadien's forward Brendan Gallagher.Rating: 4Views: 256