Halifax police officer stabbing nets attempt murder charge
The wounded officer has since been released from hospital. Initially his injuries were said to be serious because the neck wound produced a lot of blood. CBC
A 31-year-old man accused of stabbing a Halifax Regional Police officer in the neck and forearm Friday night at Metro Turning Point on Barrington Street is facing attempted murder charges.
Police say two officers tried to arrest the subject at the men’s shelter on Barrington Street on a warrant for failing to appear in court on weapons charges.
The suspect fled.
After a short foot chase, one of the officers caught up to the man. Police say that’s when the man pulled a knife and stabbed the officer in the neck and forearm.
Police then subdued the suspect with a stun gun and arrested him. The man remains in custody.
The wounded officer has since been released from hospital. Initially, his injuries were said to be serious because the neck wound produced a lot of blood.
The officer is expected to make a full recovery, police say.
- Hamilton man arrested after armed standoff with police
- Ottawa police fire single shot during south-end car chase
- Cop fires at minivan full of kids after traffic-stop scuffle in New Mexico
- Driver shot dragging Chicago-area police officer
- Laval police arrest man after he rammed a patrol car
- Snow leads RNC to Corner Brook suspect after attempted break-in
- Official: Medical help delayed in US shooting
- 10-year-old DNA sample leads to sex assault arrest
- Officers cleared of assault will be back in old jobs
- SQ shoots man during domestic dispute call in Laurentians
Hundreds paid their respects to the late Const. John Zivcic on Sunday.
Date 3 hrs ago, Duration 2:46, Views 24
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 13-12-07 1:57
Tooltip Information:J.S. Giguere flips outVideo by:Description: Colorado Avalanche goalie pushes the net after a Flames goal is scored because he believes he was interfered with by Lee Stempniak.Rating: 3Views: 15292
Date 13-12-07 2:07
Tooltip Information:Sacred Circles emerge as alternate to foster careVideo by:Description: More than 50 facilitators have been trained to help families discuss family dynamics and child care.Rating: 4Views: 39
Date 13-12-08 2:08
Tooltip Information:Ford paradeVideo by:Description: Shut out of the Toronto Santa Claus parade last month, a jolly Toronto Mayor Rob Ford was welcomed with mixed feelings as he strolled down Lake Shore Boulevard for Etobicoke’s annual parade on Saturday.Rating: 3.61Views: 9209