Highway 401 eastbound lanes near Woodstock reopen after 20-car pileup
This truck was one of the vehicles involved in the 20-car pileup on the eastbound lanes on the Highway 401 near Woodstock. (David Ritchie/CBC)
Ontario Provincial Police have reopened eastbound lanes of Highway 401 between Woodstock and Kitchener, after spending hours clearing a 20-car pileup that began near the Drumbo Road exit ramp.
OPP said there were no serious injuries.
The cause of the crashes has not been determined.
"Outside of people not driving according to road and weather conditions, that would be the early indicators of what happened," said OPP Sgt. Dave Rektor.
Wednesday's late-winter storm dropped an estimated 10 to 25 centimetres of snow in areas across southern Ontario, creating tricky travelling conditions.
Police initially reported that up to 60 cars were involved in the pileup. That number has since been revised to 20.
- Vehicle fire slows traffic on TCH near Makinsons
- Toronto man dies after crash on Highway 401
- Hamilton man drives 44 kilometres the wrong way on Highways 403 and 401
- Wrong-way driver causes crash on Gardiner Expressway
- Toronto man dies after car rolls over Highway 401 off-ramp
- Highway 103 crash sends 1 to hospital
- Car carrying 4 crashes, flips in Bonshaw
- Weekend roadwork blitz closes many Quebec roads
- Ottawa road, bridge renewal projects begin Monday
- Ottawa road, bridge renewal projects begin today
Canadian swimmer Audrey Lacroix win the 200M Butterfly at the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 4:32, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 10 hrs ago 5:04
Tooltip Information:Damian Warner shatters men's decathlon 100m recordVideo by:Description: The Canadian impresses with a record time in Glasgow.Rating: 3.66Views: 2299
Date 4 hrs ago 0:41
Tooltip Information:The fastest Rubik's Cube solver you've ever seenVideo by:Description: Antoine Cantin is the world record holder for Rubik's Cube solving at 12.56 seconds.Rating: 2.5Views: 352