Highway 401 eastbound lanes near Woodstock reopen after 20-car pileup
This truck was one of the vehicles involved in the 20-car pileup on the eastbound lanes on the Highway 401 near Woodstock. (David Ritchie/CBC)
Ontario Provincial Police have reopened eastbound lanes of Highway 401 between Woodstock and Kitchener, after spending hours clearing a 20-car pileup that began near the Drumbo Road exit ramp.
OPP said there were no serious injuries.
The cause of the crashes has not been determined.
"Outside of people not driving according to road and weather conditions, that would be the early indicators of what happened," said OPP Sgt. Dave Rektor.
Wednesday's late-winter storm dropped an estimated 10 to 25 centimetres of snow in areas across southern Ontario, creating tricky travelling conditions.
Police initially reported that up to 60 cars were involved in the pileup. That number has since been revised to 20.
- Highway 401 eastbound lanes re-open after morning closure
- 2 Hwy 417 eastbound lanes open near Nicholas after crash
- Woman struck, killed by truck on Highway 401 near Brockville
- Highway 401 eastbound express lanes closed at Morningside
- Hwy 417 reopens near Nicholas after fuel spill
- Hwy 417 eastbound reduced to 1 lane near Nicholas after crash
- Emergency repairs cause complete overnight ramp closure on 720W
- Transports Québec closes 2 Hwy 720 ramps until November
- Two Turcot Interchange ramps to close next week until mid-November
- Teen killed in single vehicle crash near Shediac
Dozens of Syrian army soldiers appear to have been killed by Jihadist militants from Islamic State (IS), activists say.
Date 42 mins ago, Duration 2:16, Views 0
Date 14-08-24 3:24
Tooltip Information:Earthquake hits Napa ValleyVideo by:Description: Thousands are left without power after a magnitude 6 earthquake, the strongest to his the region since 1989Rating: 3.14Views: 120570
Date 2 hrs ago 3:06
Tooltip Information:Sunwing Flight 656: 2 women face chargesVideo by:Description: Flight escorted to Toronto by military planes. Police say Melana Muzikante, Lilia Ratmanski made threatening commentsRating: 4Views: 61
Date 14-08-27 0:30
Tooltip Information:Arizona gun instructor gives fatal Uzi lessonVideo by:Description: Images of the lesson stop just before 9-year-old accidentally shoots himRating: 1Views: 19534