Highway 401 eastbound lanes near Woodstock reopen after 20-car pileup
This truck was one of the vehicles involved in the 20-car pileup on the eastbound lanes on the Highway 401 near Woodstock. (David Ritchie/CBC)
Ontario Provincial Police have reopened eastbound lanes of Highway 401 between Woodstock and Kitchener, after spending hours clearing a 20-car pileup that began near the Drumbo Road exit ramp.
OPP said there were no serious injuries.
The cause of the crashes has not been determined.
"Outside of people not driving according to road and weather conditions, that would be the early indicators of what happened," said OPP Sgt. Dave Rektor.
Wednesday's late-winter storm dropped an estimated 10 to 25 centimetres of snow in areas across southern Ontario, creating tricky travelling conditions.
Police initially reported that up to 60 cars were involved in the pileup. That number has since been revised to 20.
- B.C. teachers' strike: parents scramble for daycare spaces
- Eugenie Bouchard succumbs to Makarova, heat at U.S. Open
- 'Space sex geckos' found dead upon return to Earth, Russia says
- Jennifer Lawrence among celebrity victims in leak of nude photos
- Iraq PM pledges to root out ISIS militants
- Tomasz Gladkowski, 39, dies trying to rescue drowning son from Lake Huron
- Devin Scullion defies odds at 18 with aging disease progeria
- Collège de Saint-Ambroise in Jonquière bans homework for a year
- Finance Canada now sees middle-class families in rosy hue
- Gabriel Dion and Saint-Sulpice bar owner make amends
B.C. Teachers' Federation president's one-on-one interview with CBC's Andrew Chang the eve before school is supposed to start
Date 3 hrs ago, Duration 5:03, Views 146
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 3 hrs ago 5:03
Tooltip Information:Jim Iker on why teachers' strike continues RAWVideo by:Description: B.C. Teachers' Federation president's one-on-one interview with CBC's Andrew Chang the eve before school is supposed to startRating: 4Views: 2
Date 14-08-29 1:59
Tooltip Information:Topless toddler at swimming pool ends in scuffleVideo by:Description: Mother of 3-year-old girl says she was tripped by a lifeguard; complaints filed by and against mother.Rating: 3.19Views: 105967
Date 4 hrs ago 4:37
Tooltip Information:How long will the teachers' strike last?Video by:Description: Renee Filippone looks at how far apart the BCTF and the BCPSEA are in their demands and concessionsRating: 4Views: 89