Huge fire burning on railway near Oak Street Bridge in Vancouver
This video of the Oak Street bridge fire was sent to us by Cory Aytch @coryaytch on Twitter. @coryaytch/Twitter
A huge fire is burning near the Oak Street Bridge, the four-lane connector which crosses the Fraser River, linking Vancouver and Richmond.
The fire is sending enormous clouds of black smoke billowing into the air above the Marpole Railroad Bridge, which runs alongside the road bridge.
It appears railway trestles are on fire, but it is not clear what started the fire or how far it has spread.
There is limited visibility on the Oak Street Bridge, which was shut down in both directions for a short time but has now reopened.
The Marpole Railroad Bridge, which is owned by the Canadian Pacific Railway, was constructed in 1902.
- Huge fire burning on railway near Oak Street Bridge in Vancouver
- Huge fire rips through Marpole Railroad Bridge in Vancouver
- Huge fire closes Oak Street bridge in Vancouver
- Huge fire rips through railway trestles near Vancouver's Oak Street Bridge
- Vancouver railway bridge fire investigations underway
- CP Railway bridge fire investigations underway in Vancouver
- Pattullo Bridge closed this weekend
- Body of man swept downstream found near Quesnell Bridge
- SkyTrain bridge runner arrested: Transit Police
- SkyTrain bridge running man arrested: Transit Police
Haiti celebrates the Carnival of Flowers in an explosion of dance, music, costumes and colour. Duration: 00:37
Date 3 hrs ago, Duration 0:36, Views 203
Video by: AFP
Date 3 hrs ago 5:04
Tooltip Information:Damian Warner shatters men's decathlon 100m recordVideo by:Description: The Canadian impresses with a record time in Glasgow.Rating: 4Views: 232
Date 5 hrs ago 4:04
Tooltip Information:Team South Africa defeat powerhouse All Blacks for rugby goldVideo by:Description: Four-time Commonwealth Games champions settle for silver.Rating: 4Views: 184