Jason MacDonald named PMO communications director
Jason MacDonald, who has been spokesman for Aboriginal Affairs Minister Bernard Valcourt for the past year, has been named director of communications for Prime Minister Stephen Harper.
He replaces Andrew MacDougall, who held the position for more than two years and announced his decision to leave the post last month. MacDougall tweeted news of MacDonald's posting Thursday morning.
MacDonald is a former chief of staff at CBC Television and ran for the Ontario Progressive Conservatives in Ottawa in the 2011 provincial election. He has also served as vice president, corporate and public affairs, at Veritas Communications, a public relations agency headquartered in Toronto.
More to come
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Victims’ bodies headed to Netherlands
- Mike Duffy reached out to Peruvian woman claiming to be daughter
- Sears Canada, Reitmans & Indigo face battle for survival
- Gaza conflict: Fighting intensifies in town of Khan Younis
- Bell Aliant: BCE to privatize region telecom affiliate
- Locomotives in Lac-Mégantic disaster to be auctioned off
- Black bear breaks into elderly woman's home in North Vancouver
- Temporary Foreign Workers: Businesses needing highly skilled workers sideswiped by changes
- Costa Concordia towed away from Italian port where it sunk
- Temporary Foreign Workers: Businesses needing high-skilled workers sideswiped by changes
The Kamal Adwan hospital in Beit Lahiya in the Gaza Strip is flooded with patients after Israeli strikes hit the Al Manshia area. Duration: 01:17
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 1:17, Views 10
Video by: AFP
Date 14-07-21 2:11
Tooltip Information:Eviction notice served to City of VancouverVideo by:Description: First Nation supporters of a homeless camp at Oppenheimer Park say the city can't evict themRating: 3.75Views: 9460