Jason MacDonald named PMO communications director
Jason MacDonald, who has been spokesman for Aboriginal Affairs Minister Bernard Valcourt for the past year, has been named director of communications for Prime Minister Stephen Harper.
He replaces Andrew MacDougall, who held the position for more than two years and announced his decision to leave the post last month. MacDougall tweeted news of MacDonald's posting Thursday morning.
MacDonald is a former chief of staff at CBC Television and ran for the Ontario Progressive Conservatives in Ottawa in the 2011 provincial election. He has also served as vice president, corporate and public affairs, at Veritas Communications, a public relations agency headquartered in Toronto.
More to come
- B.C. teachers' strike: Premier on tentative 6-year deal
- Cody Legebokoff sentenced to life on 4 counts of 1st-degree murder
- Boeing, SpaceX to provide new ride to International Space Station
- Ebola outbreak 'spiralling out of control': Barack Obama
- Stephen Harper confirms 69 advisers to Iraq as MPs set to debate mission
- John Baird announces more sanctions against Russia
- N.L. mom reunited with Alberta son she thought was dead
- Temporary foreign worker applications drop 74% since new reforms
- Tony Lacavera and West Face buy Wind Mobile from VimpelCom
- Home Depot credit card security breach could cost $3B
Zimbabwean's veteran president Robert Mugabe voiced his support for Russia, describing Western sanctions against Moscow as "illegal." Duration: 00:42
Date 21 mins ago, Duration 0:42, Views 0
Video by: AFP
Date 12 hrs ago 2:46
Tooltip Information:Elders watched helplessly while woman beaten to deathVideo by:Description:Rating: 5Views: 1473
Date 5 hrs ago 3:26
Tooltip Information:Andrew Allan meets birth mother Marion CoombsVideo by:Description: Andrew Allan tracked down Marion Coombs who was told he was dead after he was born and she had wanted to put him up for adoptionRating: 5Views: 490
Date 2 hrs ago 2:22
Tooltip Information:Jamila Bibi risks stoning if deported to Pakistan: lawyerVideo by:Description: UN Office of Human Rights still looking at deportation caseRating: 4Views: 167