Jason MacDonald named PMO communications director
Jason MacDonald, who has been spokesman for Aboriginal Affairs Minister Bernard Valcourt for the past year, has been named director of communications for Prime Minister Stephen Harper.
He replaces Andrew MacDougall, who held the position for more than two years and announced his decision to leave the post last month. MacDougall tweeted news of MacDonald's posting Thursday morning.
MacDonald is a former chief of staff at CBC Television and ran for the Ontario Progressive Conservatives in Ottawa in the 2011 provincial election. He has also served as vice president, corporate and public affairs, at Veritas Communications, a public relations agency headquartered in Toronto.
More to come
- Russian troops have entered Ukraine, Ukraine president says
- Sunwing Flight 656: Melana Muzikante, Lilia Ratmanski face charges
- Hurricane Cristobal to bring wind, rain to Atlantic Canada
- Back-to-school stress: the warning signs and what to do
- Ebola cases could exceed 20,000, WHO says
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt married
- Thomas Lukaszuk's $20K cell bill triggered by cabinet minister's family dispute
- Murdered aboriginal women: What to know about a national public inquiry
- Hunger makes Quebec Inuit shorter than average: study
- From Ebola to Syria, UN says more than 100 million people need aid
A sheep called Shaun has been shorn for the first time in his life and his fleece has weighed in at a huge 23 kilograms.
Date 40 mins ago, Duration 1:16, Views 0
Date 14-08-24 3:24
Tooltip Information:Earthquake hits Napa ValleyVideo by:Description: Thousands are left without power after a magnitude 6 earthquake, the strongest to his the region since 1989Rating: 3.14Views: 119805
Date 22 hrs ago 0:30
Tooltip Information:Arizona gun instructor gives fatal Uzi lessonVideo by:Description: Images of the lesson stop just before 9-year-old accidentally shoots himRating: 1Views: 19372