Joe Fletcher's missed handshake goes viral
Canadian soccer official Joe Fletcher's smooth move prior to Wednesday's World Cup match between Spain and Chile is going viral. (Vine)
A smooth move off the pitch is getting a Canadian soccer official some recognition on Reddit.
Joe Fletcher, who was an assistant referee for Wednesday's World Cup match between Spain and Chile, had a memorable moment prior to the match, while in the tunnel at the Maracana Stadium.
During some customary handshakes with a person who appeared to be a FIFA organizer, Fletcher was snubbed. But Fletcher didn't let it faze him, pretending instead to style his hair (he's bald).
Spain's Iker Casillas, who was standing next to the Canadian, gave him a pat on the back for the effort.
- ISIS atrocities in Iraq: What's Canada's next move?
- Russian aid convoy begins leaving Ukraine
- Kevin Love trade: Andrew Wiggins rare No. 1 pick
- James Moore 'impatient' with provincial trade barriers
- Wynne slams Harper over missing, murdered aboriginal women comments
- Saskatoon berry gets name change in U.S.
- Saskatchewan considered separation, Roy Romanow reveals
- Car crashes through Oshawa family's living room, bursts into flames
- Naomi Lewis's 'my big Jewish nose' essay sparks controversy
- Stephen Harper concerned by Russia's growing military presence in Arctic
Vancouver mom says bus driver didn't seem to care
Date 7 hrs ago, Duration 2:00, Views 184
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 19 hrs ago 2:12
Tooltip Information:Hiker rescued days after fleeing bear in treeVideo by:Description: Julien Landry in stable condition in a Kelowna, B.C., hospital after concussion, injured and alone in the forest after a wild encounterRating: 3.12Views: 22279
Date 14-08-21 1:58
Tooltip Information:Dementia victim takes her life after right-to-die pleaVideo by:Description: Gillian Bennett, 84, feared becoming burden on her family after dementia diagnosisRating: 2.88Views: 37910