Katheryn Deprill, the 'Burger King baby,' finds birth mom
Katheryn Deprill posted this photo to Facebook on March 2. She hopes that people sharing the image of her holding a sign that says she is seeking her birth mother might help to reunite the estranged pair. Katheryn Deprill/Associated Press
A woman who as a baby was abandoned in the bathroom of a Pennsylvania fast food restaurant says she has found her birth mother.
Twenty-seven-year-old Katheryn Deprill says she met her biological mother for the first time Monday in an attorney's office. Deprill said Tuesday she felt "pure joy" and it was like "looking in a mirror."
Deprill began her quest March 2 by posting a photo on Facebook. It showed Deprill holding a sign saying, "Looking for my birth mother ... She abandoned me in the Burger King bathroom only hours old, Allentown PA. Please help me find her by sharing my post."
Deprill is known as the Burger King Baby. She says she and her birth mom plan to have more meetings to get to know each other better.
- Facebook save feature launched
- China tainted meat scandal widens to Burger King, Starbucks
- Burger King sells 'Proud Whopper' in San Francisco
- Burger King launches gay-friendly Whopper
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan
- Things women wish they knew before trying to conceive
- China meat scandal hits Starbucks, Burger King
- Yum, McDonald's apologize as new China food scandal hits
- Lucky Run-In: Hero Jogger Saves Kidnapped Baby Girl
- Facebook tests 'Buy' button
The new Toronto Maple Leafs assistant general manager talks to the media.
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 22:32, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-07-21 2:11
Tooltip Information:Eviction notice served to City of VancouverVideo by:Description: First Nation supporters of a homeless camp at Oppenheimer Park say the city can't evict themRating: 3.75Views: 9191