Langley RCMP crash: Alberta family camper van hit
The crash happened while the RCMP cruiser was pursuing a suspect, at the intersection of 268 Street and the Fraser Highway in the Township of Langley, B.C.. Carma Salmond
An RCMP cruiser involved in a police chase collided with a family's Alberta-registered camper van in Langley, B.C., on Tuesday, sending five people to hospital.
B.C. Ambulance has confirmed it was called to the scene at the intersection of 268 Street and the Fraser Highway around 1:30 p.m. PT.
One person was transferred to hospital by helicopter in serious condition, while four other victims, with non-life-threatening injuries, were taken by ambulance.
According to a media release from the Independent Investigations Office, B.C.'s police watchdog, the officer was travelling with sirens and red lights on in response to an unrelated emergency.
"IIO investigative teams are en route and will be supported by IIO collision reconstruction investigators, as well as the investigator for affected persons," said the release.
On mobile? Click here for a Google map of the intersection
- Worst-ever Ebola outbreak getting even worse: By the numbers
- Why an anti-ISIS coalition could be 'a problem'
- iOS 8: 8 new things
- Enterovirus D-68: 8 things parents should know
- CRTC gets an earful at hearings on future of TV
- N.L. mom reunited with Alberta son she thought was dead
- Mike Duffy case: Court in session Tuesday for senator's expenses case
- Waterloo tech startup leader is paid in bitcoin
- B.C. teachers' strike: Both sides back at bargaining table
- Ebola outbreak by the numbers
'Mother of all water main breaks' blasts water 25 metres into the air.
Date 54 mins ago, Duration 1:11, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 22 hrs ago 2:27
Tooltip Information:Django Unchained actor cuffed by L.A. policeVideo by:Description: Daniele Watts detained. Police responded to complaint about 'indecent exposure' in a silver MercedesRating: 1.75Views: 6297
Date 14-09-14 6:17
Tooltip Information:How Britain is reacting to David Haines beheadingVideo by:Description: CBC News speaks with Fawaz Gerges, professor of international relations at the London School of Economics and Political ScienceRating: 3.31Views: 18706