Lunenburg fire guts 100-year-old building
Police say they're not treating as suspicious a
As the blaze roared Friday night, locals feared it would spread along the many wooden buildings on the waterfront. The crews were able to contain the fire to one building.
The fire marshal will be on the scene Saturday to investigate the cause.
Lunenburg was established in 1753 and the downtown is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Wynne slams Harper over missing, murdered aboriginal women comments
- Car crashes through Oshawa family's living room, bursts into flames
- Naomi Lewis's 'my big Jewish nose' essay sparks controversy
- Saskatchewan considered separation, Roy Romanow reveals
- Stephen Harper concerned by Russia's growing military presence in Arctic
- U.S. condemns Russian aid convoy into Ukraine, threatens more sanctions
- Gun smuggling charges for Markel Chiles, former U.S. judge
- Alfred Vuozzo, homicide victims had family links to fatal crash
- Ebola outbreak widens as death toll rises to 1,427
- Data theft: Cash registers vulnerable, says Homeland Security
Vancouver mom says bus driver didn't seem to care
Date 3 hrs ago, Duration 2:00, Views 2
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 18 hrs ago 2:12
Tooltip Information:Hiker rescued days after fleeing bear in treeVideo by:Description: Julien Landry in stable condition in a Kelowna, B.C., hospital after concussion, injured and alone in the forest after a wild encounterRating: 3.18Views: 21828
Date 14-08-21 1:58
Tooltip Information:Dementia victim takes her life after right-to-die pleaVideo by:Description: Gillian Bennett, 84, feared becoming burden on her family after dementia diagnosisRating: 2.88Views: 37674