'Man cold' debated by couples, scientists
Do men suffer more from colds than women, or just complain more about having the sniffles?
CBC-TV's Kim Brunhuber asks pain researcher Jeffrey Mogil of McGill University in Montreal about the so-called man cold, and whether women really have a stronger immune system.
At McMaster University in Hamilton, Gavin Andrews, studies the social aspects of health, given the stereotype is so common in advertisements and songs. But what happens when Andrews's wife, a nurse, weighs in?
- Malaysia Airlines jet search widens to Malaysia's western coast
- Canada-South Korea trade deal to phase out import tariffs on cars
- George Stroumboulopoulos to host Hockey Night in Canada next season
- Rich Peverley collapses on bench during game vs. Blue Jackets
- Months-long moving saga ends happily for Canadian couple
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disaster
- Colorado gets high on pot revenue, marijuana tourists
- Joe McGinniss, Fatal Vision author, dies at age 71
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: 'Mystery compounded by mystery'
- GTA home prices tell tale of 2 cities: condos vs. family homes
Deron Williams and Shaun Livingston each scored 18 points and an ailing Pierce hit a key late 3-pointer to lead the Brooklyn Nets to a 101-97 victory o... More Deron Williams and Shaun Livingston each scored 18 points and an ailing Pierce hit a key late 3-pointer to lead the Brooklyn Nets to a 101-97 victory over the Atlantic Division-leading Toronto Raptors.
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 1:02, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 3 hrs ago 1:20
Tooltip Information:Winnipeg no longer charging for thawing homeowners' pipesVideo by:Description: The City of Winnipeg says it will not charge property owners for thawing pipes on their side of the property line, but those who had their pipes thawed before Monday won't get their service fees waived.Rating: 4Views: 192092
Date 17 hrs ago 0:37
Tooltip Information:RAW: Water main break floods McPhillips underpassVideo by:Description: A morning water main break flooded the McPhillips Street underpass and forced it to close to traffic.Rating: 2.83Views: 1190270
Date 5 hrs ago 3:02
Tooltip Information:Canada failing Syrian refugeesVideo by:Description: Last summer Canada committed to taking in 1,300 Syrian refugees by the end of 2014, but it is estimated no more than 10 have arrived so farRating: 4Views: 244813
Date 11 hrs ago 2:32
Tooltip Information:Stigma of mental illness a 'disturbing' trend in workplaceVideo by:Description: A pair of Winnipeggers are sounding the alarm over how people with mental illness are treated in the workplace. CBC's Nelly Gonzalez reports in the first part of this five-part series.Rating: 3.33Views: 305686