'Man cold' debated by couples, scientists
Do men suffer more from colds than women, or just complain more about having the sniffles?
CBC-TV's Kim Brunhuber asks pain researcher Jeffrey Mogil of McGill University in Montreal about the so-called man cold, and whether women really have a stronger immune system.
At McMaster University in Hamilton, Gavin Andrews, studies the social aspects of health, given the stereotype is so common in advertisements and songs. But what happens when Andrews's wife, a nurse, weighs in?
- Rob Ford in shouting match ahead of mayoral debate
- Ebola outbreak: More than doctors needed to contain West Africa's unprecedented crisis
- Craig Premack to talk about being shot during Cache Creek bike race
- David Huynh ID'd as man who fell to his death from Stanley Park's Prospect Point
- Gaza conflict: Hamas denies backing PLO call for 24-hour ceasefire
- Chinese cyberattack hits Canada's National Research Council
- Atlantic Lottery Corp. retailers won 165 jackpots last year
- Stoney Nakoda First Nation signs 'huge' oil deal with Chinese firm
- Alissa Chavez's Hot Seat alarm aims to prevent child hot car deaths
- Catharine Pendrel, Emily Batty win gold, silver in mountain bike
The 24-year-old won the 110m hurdles to continue his dominance in Glasgow
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 2:15, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-07-28 5:04
Tooltip Information:Damian Warner shatters men's decathlon 100m recordVideo by:Description: The Canadian impresses with a record time in Glasgow.Rating: 4Views: 3346