Man held in west Toronto triple homicide
Toronto police have a man in custody after a triple homicide at an Etobicoke townhouse Monday evening.
Police were dispatched to the complex at 65 Old Burnhamthorpe Rd., near Mill Road and Burnhamthorpe Road, just before 7 p.m. after receiving a 911 call for a stabbing.
Toronto police Insp. Tim Crone said a family member arrived home and discovered the three victims.
The initial investigation led police to identify a suspect and locate him in a nearby ravine in the area.
"There was a brief standoff with the suspect — he was armed (with a knife)," said Crone, noting that "tensions were high."
"Officers did a very good job calming the situation, calming the individual and got him to come into custody without incident," he said.
Police said they haven't confirmed the identification of the three victims and aren't able to comment on any relationship the deceased may have to one another.
"It's still very early in the investigation," said Crone. "Homicide has taken over as the lead investigators for the scene."
- James Foley the subject of failed U.S. rescue mission in Syria
- RCMP look into Calgary link with possible Islamic militants
- Gillian Bennett, suffering with dementia, dies leaving right-to-die plea
- Justin Trudeau says he wants 170 Liberal MPs in the House
- Neanderthals, humans may have coexisted for thousands of years
- Beautiful aurora photos taken from space
- Billy Crystal tabbed to give Robin Williams tribute at Emmys
- Mohamed Yaffa accuses Air Canada of discrimination because he's Muslim
- Canadian ambassador Andrew Bennett says religious freedom 'violated' in China
- Michael Brown shooting: Eric Holder meets victim's family
Canadian loses in straight sets to Samantha Stosur.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 1:15, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 4 hrs ago 5:44
Tooltip Information:U.S. tried to rescue James FoleyVideo by:Description: Special operations troops were sent to Syria this summer on a secret mission to rescue American hostages, but failed to find themRating: 2Views: 496
Date 10 hrs ago 3:54
Tooltip Information:Reaction to American journalist's deathVideo by:Description: U.S. president expected to make a statement today, British PM concerned the ISIS spokesman on the execution video speaks with English accentRating: 4.88Views: 15874
Date 9 hrs ago 2:04
Tooltip Information:Dinosaur egg excavation could yield rare fossilized babiesVideo by:Description: Paleontologists in Alberta say if a nest belonging to duck-billed dinosaurs is found, it would the first in CanadaRating: 4Views: 3418