Man held in west Toronto triple homicide
Toronto police have a man in custody after a triple homicide at an Etobicoke townhouse Monday evening.
Police were dispatched to the complex at 65 Old Burnhamthorpe Rd., near Mill Road and Burnhamthorpe Road, just before 7 p.m. after receiving a 911 call for a stabbing.
Toronto police Insp. Tim Crone said a family member arrived home and discovered the three victims.
The initial investigation led police to identify a suspect and locate him in a nearby ravine in the area.
"There was a brief standoff with the suspect — he was armed (with a knife)," said Crone, noting that "tensions were high."
"Officers did a very good job calming the situation, calming the individual and got him to come into custody without incident," he said.
Police said they haven't confirmed the identification of the three victims and aren't able to comment on any relationship the deceased may have to one another.
"It's still very early in the investigation," said Crone. "Homicide has taken over as the lead investigators for the scene."
- Soccer fan struck, kicked in head after Toronto friendly
- Child porn investigation leads to 2 Toronto arrests
- Police seek handcuffed man's missing BMW
- Police seek suspect in sexual assault
- OPP taking on oversight role in Rob Ford-related probe
- Ford blasts change in investigation oversight
- Police probe shooting in Toronto's west end
- Montreal man charged by Toronto police in prostitution probe
- Man found handcuffed, bloodied and beaten
- Toronto boy Conor Hamblin-Cobb, 12, found safe
Families of killed workers push for inquiry, premier says no
Date 37 mins ago, Duration 2:30, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 10 hrs ago 3:20
Tooltip Information:Toddler suspended over cheese sandwichVideo by:Description: An Ottawa daycare suspends a 2-year-old girl for violating its 'no outside food' policyRating: 3.96Views: 28623
Date 23 hrs ago 2:19
Tooltip Information:Bald is beautifulVideo by:Description: New Brunswick breast cancer sufferer Michelle James's online photo campaign urges everyone to embrace their inner baldness.Rating: 4.15Views: 11592