Man Tasered by Edmonton police dies in hospital
Police used the Taser on the man around 11 p.m. on Oct. 24th at the intersection of 106A Avenue and 96th Street, just north of downtown Edmonton. CBC
An Edmonton man who was Tasered by police in Edmonton’s inner city last week has died.
The man died in hospital on Wednesday, according to the Alberta Serious Incident Response Team, the civilian agency that investigates incidents or complaints involving serious injury or death that may have resulted from the actions of a police.
The 39-year-old man who died has not been publicly identified. He was in an argument with a woman around 11 p.m on Oct. 24 when police intervened.
ASIRT will not comment on the man's death or provide any additional details.
A witness told CBC News she saw police use the Taser on the man three times. The man was resisting arrest and fighting with officers, Debbie Paradis said.
Sources told CBC News that CPR was performed on the man after his heart stopped.
- Gaza crisis: Violence continues despite Egyptian call for ceasefire
- Iceland volcano: Bardarbunga eruption begins
- Lev Tahor, ultra-Orthodox Jewish sect, quietly moves to Guatemala
- Tina Fontaine’s family prepares for slain teen's funeral on Saturday
- Indian status: 5 things you need to know
- ISIS atrocities in Iraq: What's Canada's next move?
- Kevin Love trade: Andrew Wiggins rare No. 1 pick
- Wynne slams Harper over missing, murdered aboriginal women comments
- Russian aid convoy leaves Ukraine
- Alberta's cloud-seeding pilots see 2nd busiest year in 20 years
Man in life-threatening condition after electric shock
Date 38 mins ago, Duration 1:00, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 22 hrs ago 2:12
Tooltip Information:Hiker rescued days after fleeing bear in treeVideo by:Description: Julien Landry in stable condition in a Kelowna, B.C., hospital after concussion, injured and alone in the forest after a wild encounterRating: 3.18Views: 22518
Date 1 hr ago 1:50
Tooltip Information:Lotus restaurant fined for food poisoningVideo by:Description: Ottawa Public Health fined a Barrhaven Chinese restaurant after 44 people got sick from food.Rating: 4Views: 0