Manhunt on in Petawawa, Ont., for suspect in slaying
Petawawa residents are being told to stay inside and secure their homes after a multiple stabbing left one man dead and two females critically injured.
Ontario Provincial Police received a 911 call just before 11 a.m. ET. Friday.
When officers arrived at the home on East Street at Petawawa Point near the Ottawa River, they found a man dead inside.
Sources told CBC News two others, both female, were critically injured. They were both taken to hospital.
A manhunt is now on for a suspect, who police believe is armed and dangerous.
A helicopter and a canine unit, as well as officers on the ground, are actively searching the town. Military police are assisting OPP with the investigation.
People are being asked to call OPP if they have any information.
Renfrew County paramedics would only say that multiple patients had been taken to hospital.
No further details were immediately available.
More to come
- Derailed CN freight car hits Via Rail train near Gananoque
- Legendary Ojibwa sniper unsung hero of WW I
- Obama calls for release of Hadar Goldin, captured Israeli soldier
- 'Doug Ford is lying,' Toronto police chief says, threatening lawsuit
- Burlington Skyway closed all weekend as engineers assess damage
- Chief's $1M pay 'not reasonable,' Bernard Valcourt says
- Polar bear wins tug of war with Nunavut man over beluga
- Yvon Lambert appeals to public after losing 1976 Stanley Cup ring
- Huge waves detected in Arctic waters for 1st time
- Peter MacKay skipping Canadian Bar Association's annual conference
Jamaican sprinter talks about his team's performance and says the atmosphere is like the Olympics.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 0:28, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 5 hrs ago 17:50
Tooltip Information:Levins takes bronze in thrilling 10,000m sprintVideo by:Description: Cam Levins took the lead coming into the home stretch and led until about the final five metresRating: 4Views: 422