Manhunt on in Petawawa, Ont., for suspect in slaying
Petawawa residents are being told to stay inside and secure their homes after a multiple stabbing left one man dead and two females critically injured.
Ontario Provincial Police received a 911 call just before 11 a.m. ET. Friday.
When officers arrived at the home on East Street at Petawawa Point near the Ottawa River, they found a man dead inside.
Sources told CBC News two others, both female, were critically injured. They were both taken to hospital.
A manhunt is now on for a suspect, who police believe is armed and dangerous.
A helicopter and a canine unit, as well as officers on the ground, are actively searching the town. Military police are assisting OPP with the investigation.
People are being asked to call OPP if they have any information.
Renfrew County paramedics would only say that multiple patients had been taken to hospital.
No further details were immediately available.
More to come
- 12 Years a Slave, American Hustle lead Golden Globes race
- Canadian Olympic Committee sets $37M development budget
- Conrad Black defends Rob Ford interview
- Geminid meteor shower best viewing may be tonight
- Mandela 'fake' interpreter Thamsanqa Jantjie: I was hallucinating
- Phablets expected to outsell tablets in 2014
- Montreal to get 4 supervised injection sites
- Australia's top court strikes down gay marriage law
- Hamilton police arrest video goes viral
- Attawapiskat's housing crisis: A ground-level perspective
Date 13-12-11 3:34
Tooltip Information:Sign language interpreter a 'fake'?Video by:Description: Head of South Africa's deaf federation says 'no meaning' to hand gestures of man next to world leadersRating: 3.62Views: 19907
Date 13 hrs ago 2:05
Tooltip Information:Reaction to fake interpreterVideo by:Description: Toronto's deaf community reacts to and corrects the work of the sign language interpreter seen at Nelson Mandela's memorial.Rating: 5Views: 1607