Michael Jackson's doctor, Conrad Murray, released from jail
The former doctor convicted of causing Michael Jackson's death has been released from jail.
Jail records confirmed Conrad Murray's release Monday and the sheriff's office said he left a downtown Los Angeles jail at 12:01 a.m.
The former cardiologist served less than two years in jail after being convicted in 2011 of involuntary manslaughter for Jackson's June 2009 death. The pop superstar died after receiving a lethal dose of the anesthetic propofol, which Murray was giving Jackson as a sleep aid.
Murray's medical licenses remain suspended or revoked in three states where he previously practiced medicine.
Murray had been sentenced to serve four years behind bars, but a change in California law allowed his incarceration time to be significantly cut down.
- Earth-sized planet found in star's habitable zone
- Matthew de Grood, Calgary stabbing suspect, understands charges, lawyer says
- Canada to send 6 CF-18s for NATO operation in Eastern Europe
- Thousands more public-sector jobs than planned to be cut, watchdog says
- Wyatt Miville, baby with rare congenital trismus, can't open his mouth
- Ukraine crisis: Kerry says deal reached to ease tensions
- McDonald's foreign workers call it 'slavery'
- Supreme Court to decide on Senate questions April 25
- Cpl. Derrick Gallagher faces 18 new charges in sex assault probe
- Michael Bloomberg launches $50M gun control effort
More than 300 people lined up for Easter Breakfast Thursday morning at Winnipeg's Agape Table.
Date 43 mins ago, Duration 1:18, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 6 hrs ago 1:25
Tooltip Information:McDonald's foreign workers call it 'slavery'Video by:Description: Belizian temporary workers docked more pay for rent in corporate apartment than the cost incurred by McDonald'sRating: 3.75Views: 5834
Date 17 hrs ago 2:46
Tooltip Information:Matthew de Grood's lawyer speaksVideo by:Description: Allan Fay met his client for the first time today and share his initial findings with CBC Calgary.Rating: 3.94Views: 5714