Michael Jackson's doctor, Conrad Murray, released from jail
The former doctor convicted of causing Michael Jackson's death has been released from jail.
Jail records confirmed Conrad Murray's release Monday and the sheriff's office said he left a downtown Los Angeles jail at 12:01 a.m.
The former cardiologist served less than two years in jail after being convicted in 2011 of involuntary manslaughter for Jackson's June 2009 death. The pop superstar died after receiving a lethal dose of the anesthetic propofol, which Murray was giving Jackson as a sleep aid.
Murray's medical licenses remain suspended or revoked in three states where he previously practiced medicine.
Murray had been sentenced to serve four years behind bars, but a change in California law allowed his incarceration time to be significantly cut down.
- Gas price jump 'doesn't make sense'
- Ron MacLean won't be reprimanded over Quebec refs comment
- Firefighters were unaware Peel warehouse contained explosive materials
- The Koch brothers: Who are they and why do Democrats hate them?
- Rail safety improvements announced by Lisa Raitt in wake of Lac-Mégantic
- Canada's Sports Hall of Fame to unveil inductees
- Canadian robbed in Guatemala
- Bionic eye allows Michigan man to see glimpses
- Justin Bieber apologizes for Japan war shrine visit
- Ukraine crisis: Lavrov vows response if Russians attacked in Ukraine
An emotional memorial service has taken place to remember the victims of the South Korean ferry disaster.
Date 27 mins ago, Duration 2:02, Views 0
Date 20 hrs ago 3:08
Tooltip Information:CBC reporter helps reconnect familyVideo by:Description: CBC's Neil Herland helped Perry Wilson reunite with his sister and brother after 20 years apart.Rating: 4.46Views: 5479
Date 6 hrs ago 1:56
Tooltip Information:Ron MacLean's apology on Quebec refsVideo by:Description: Hockey Night In Canada commentator tries to extricate himself from hot water after comments about the impartiality of French-Canadian referees assigned to Montreal Canadiens playoff gamesRating: 3.31Views: 7492
Date 14-04-21 2:23
Tooltip Information:Waitresses lose jobs to foreign workersVideo by:Description: 2 servers say they were let go after working for years at a restaurant in SaskatchewanRating: 3.03Views: 44942