Michael Schumacher accident investigation details expected
Seven-time F1 champion Michael Schumacher remains in a medically induced coma after a skiing accident in the French Alps. Roslan Rahman/GettyImages
Skiers are wary but still taking to the slopes where racing great Michael Schumacher suffered a devastating crash.
The local prosecutor is expected to give details Wednesday of the investigation into Schumacher's Dec. 29 accident at the Meribel resort in the French Alps. Schumacher, the most successful Formula One driver in history, is in a medically induced coma.
Skiers and snowboarders of various ages aren't staying away from the off-piste zone where he crashed, but say they are aware of the need to be careful.
British tourist Steve Bovill said he always wears a helmet, as Schumacher did. Speaking from the sunny mountainside, he said, "It was an accident that could have happened to anyone."
- Jaime Palm death: 'We'll never forget her and how amazing she was'
- Burlington Skyway crash: Driver charged with impaired driving
- Vancouver Aquarium whale, dolphin breeding program to end
- B.C. chief Ron Giesbrecht's $1M pay 'very troubling,' minister's office says
- Taiwan gas explosions: At least 24 dead, 271 injured
- Israel, Hamas agree to 72-hour ceasefire in Gaza
- Daniel Markel shooting: Investigators release 911 call
- Temporary foreign worker agency Actyl Group sues McDonald's Canada
- Rogers wireless roaming rates discriminatory, CRTC says
- B.C. teachers' strike: parents to get $40 a day if strike continues
Defeats Lleyton Hewitt in straight sets 7-6, 7-6.
Date 30 mins ago, Duration 0:48, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 9 hrs ago 4:54
Tooltip Information:Danielle Lappage wrestles for Canadian goldVideo by:Description: Danielle Lappage defeats India's Geetika Jakhar in the women`s 63kg category final.Rating: 4Views: 406
Date 11 hrs ago 2:26
Tooltip Information:George Kobaladze wins weightlifting gold for CanadaVideo by:Description: On his final clean and jerk attempt, Kobaladze sets a Commonwealth record by lifting 229 kg, for a combined total of 400 kg.Rating: 5Views: 1386