Michael Schumacher accident investigation details expected
Seven-time F1 champion Michael Schumacher remains in a medically induced coma after a skiing accident in the French Alps. Roslan Rahman/GettyImages
Skiers are wary but still taking to the slopes where racing great Michael Schumacher suffered a devastating crash.
The local prosecutor is expected to give details Wednesday of the investigation into Schumacher's Dec. 29 accident at the Meribel resort in the French Alps. Schumacher, the most successful Formula One driver in history, is in a medically induced coma.
Skiers and snowboarders of various ages aren't staying away from the off-piste zone where he crashed, but say they are aware of the need to be careful.
British tourist Steve Bovill said he always wears a helmet, as Schumacher did. Speaking from the sunny mountainside, he said, "It was an accident that could have happened to anyone."
- Clocks spring forward Sunday for daylight saving time
- Nahlah Ayed: Military observers in Crimea face risky situation
- Birth of Justin Trudeau's son poses political opportunity
- Courtney Love libel suit shows landmark 1964 case relevant in digital age
- 3 Mohawk protesters could be charged after Ontario rail blockade
- Ottawa man caught driving 190 km/h has Jaguar impounded
- Former PM Brian Mulroney says Putin is no Gorbachev
- Social media privacy being taught at high school
- Malaysia Airlines has good safety record
- 4 Mohawk protesters arrested in Ontario rail blockade
A baby hippo has been born at Mexico City's Chapultepec Zoo - the first in 16 years.
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 1:10, Views 0
Date 3 hrs ago 1:46
Tooltip Information:Search for missing plane continuesVideo by:Description: The search for a missing passenger jet with 239 people on board is still underway in the South China SeaRating: 4Views: 184
Date 2 hrs ago 2:14
Tooltip Information:2 Canadians on board missing planeVideo by:Description: We are learning more about two Canadians who are among the missing on the Malaysian airlines flight, Aarti Pole reportsRating: 4Views: 0