Michael Schumacher accident investigation details expected
Seven-time F1 champion Michael Schumacher remains in a medically induced coma after a skiing accident in the French Alps. Roslan Rahman/GettyImages
Skiers are wary but still taking to the slopes where racing great Michael Schumacher suffered a devastating crash.
The local prosecutor is expected to give details Wednesday of the investigation into Schumacher's Dec. 29 accident at the Meribel resort in the French Alps. Schumacher, the most successful Formula One driver in history, is in a medically induced coma.
Skiers and snowboarders of various ages aren't staying away from the off-piste zone where he crashed, but say they are aware of the need to be careful.
British tourist Steve Bovill said he always wears a helmet, as Schumacher did. Speaking from the sunny mountainside, he said, "It was an accident that could have happened to anyone."
- Worst-ever Ebola outbreak getting even worse: By the numbers
- Why an anti-ISIS coalition could be 'a problem'
- iOS 8: 8 new things
- Enterovirus D-68: 8 things parents should know
- CRTC gets an earful at hearings on future of TV
- N.L. mom reunited with Alberta son she thought was dead
- Mike Duffy case: Court in session Tuesday for senator's expenses case
- Waterloo tech startup leader is paid in bitcoin
- B.C. teachers' strike: Both sides back at bargaining table
- Ebola outbreak by the numbers
'Mother of all water main breaks' blasts water 25 metres into the air.
Date 54 mins ago, Duration 1:11, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 22 hrs ago 2:27
Tooltip Information:Django Unchained actor cuffed by L.A. policeVideo by:Description: Daniele Watts detained. Police responded to complaint about 'indecent exposure' in a silver MercedesRating: 1.75Views: 6297
Date 14-09-14 6:17
Tooltip Information:How Britain is reacting to David Haines beheadingVideo by:Description: CBC News speaks with Fawaz Gerges, professor of international relations at the London School of Economics and Political ScienceRating: 3.31Views: 18706