Michael Schumacher accident investigation details expected
Seven-time F1 champion Michael Schumacher remains in a medically induced coma after a skiing accident in the French Alps. Roslan Rahman/GettyImages
Skiers are wary but still taking to the slopes where racing great Michael Schumacher suffered a devastating crash.
The local prosecutor is expected to give details Wednesday of the investigation into Schumacher's Dec. 29 accident at the Meribel resort in the French Alps. Schumacher, the most successful Formula One driver in history, is in a medically induced coma.
Skiers and snowboarders of various ages aren't staying away from the off-piste zone where he crashed, but say they are aware of the need to be careful.
British tourist Steve Bovill said he always wears a helmet, as Schumacher did. Speaking from the sunny mountainside, he said, "It was an accident that could have happened to anyone."
- David Cameron, British PM, plans new laws to tackle terrorism threat
- Regulator battles telecom companies over 'pay-to-pay' billing fees
- Sunwing Flight 656: Why passengers are unlikely to win damages due to unruly fliers
- Is mapping the North Pole seabed worth the time and money?
- Is it time for higher speed limits on Canada's highways?
- Iraq to receive $2.75M in Canadian aid as military supplies arrive
- Ukraine crisis: Pro-Russia rebels control coastal town
- Iceland volcano: Aviation warning level lowered to orange
- Gannet population in grave shape off Newfoundland, scientists warn
- B.C. tour bus crashes on Coquihalla Highway, 43 injured, 5 critically
B.C. tour bus crashes on the Coquihalla Highway, 43 injured, 5 critically
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 4:11, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 2 hrs ago 1:59
Tooltip Information:Topless toddler at swimming pool ends in scuffleVideo by:Description: Mother of 3-year-old girl says she was tripped by a lifeguard; complaints filed by and against mother.Rating: 4Views: 0
Date 14-08-24 3:24
Tooltip Information:Earthquake hits Napa ValleyVideo by:Description: Thousands are left without power after a magnitude 6 earthquake, the strongest to his the region since 1989Rating: 3.17Views: 138856
Date 11 hrs ago 4:26
Tooltip Information:Calgary brothers fight for ISISVideo by:Description: Two more Canadians are on the list of foreign fighters with the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, CBC's Adrienne Arsenault reportsRating: 3.16Views: 4617